Together, At Least (3/3)

Day 8 of me trying to write everyday!!

TW/CW- blood, mention of shooting, temporarily mcd! (tell me if I forgot something)

Wc: 707! :D

_______________________________________

Grian felt his anxiety rising as he stared at the bloodshed in front of him. He had died.

Ellen was staring at him from the outside the now bright red glowing ring. The spell worked, now all he had to do was go back into his body which was easier said than done.

“C’mon, my love, just use…..er and the crystals energy to return to me,….. it I know it!” Ellen said, or at least whag Grian could make from their voice. Everything was too… quiet. He could barely hear their voices.

Grian at the necklace that’s on top of his shirt. It a purple amethyst, he remembered, that has the magic to keep his body from rotting away. His beloved used it to save him from the time he had almost died during the shoot-out in high school.

Those were painful days.

Grian gently took the crystal in his hand and held it, focusing at the corpse beneath him. Closing his eyes he did exactly what Ellen told him in the past.

“I can’t believe you actually did it and lost”

Grian snickered before wincing slightly at the bleeding wound on his arm. “It was nothing, I had to prove myself that I’m worth of your love!”
Ellen just signed as they finished healing the wound and cleaning it with a cotton patch.

“You don’t have to prove anything to me, Grian. But if this happens again and you die, please take this necklace” They spoke, handing him a slightly shiny crystal that has leather string tied around it, securing it from falling.

Grian looked at it in awe as he took it and pulled it around his head, now hanging it around his neck for what he knows will be forever. 

“Now, next time you need me or I’m not around to help you and you die, hover over your body as a ghost and hold the necklace tightly in your arm and chant these words” They spoke, taking Grians arm in their and rolling it over, writing something on a weird language he has yet to learn.

“Only you can see this now, you speak these words and your soul will return to your body… but this isn’t a permanent thing, you will have a drawbacks and can only use it three times” Ellen warned him.

“Alright…I’ll take care of the necklace for my dear life” he half joked, knowing very well he might need it.

Of course after decades, Grian learnt and memorised the words on his wrist, using them for the third and last time.

The words on their own rolling of his tongue as if it was on his native language, he could feel his ghost start to vanish in a flash as he opened his eyes for the second time. Just in time to wake up, he remembers the drawback, the only thing he will not miss.

Standing up too quickly, just to title his head to the side and start trowing up blood. The crimson red covering and ruining the now useless circle along side with previous pretty green grass.

He felt a hand on his back and another one pulling back his bangs from getting dirty from said blood.
After few moments, coughing finally stopped.

“At least it wasn’t remotely bad as previous two times…” Grian said weakly, letting his body calm down first, resting his head on his partners chest.

Ellen stroked his hair, humming a tune that slowly but surely got Grian to sleep.

It will be fine, they’re with me… Grian thought before slipping into the slumber.

But it wasn’t over, not yet at least.
He may not be a Watcher anymore, his code yet again had to accept the admin one. As he was one many years previously, on Evo that is.

Two holes on his back now empty, with no more colourful wings sticking out from his back. He may no longer be able to grasp the sky but that was a problem for tomorrow Grian.
Now, he was laying down in a pool of his own blood along side with the love of his life, to everyone else, the sight might be gruesome, but to them… it was everything.