Tell Me Everything Will Be Fine

Day 14 of me trying to write everyday!

This was for a fic i was working on with my friends, we kinda just gave up on it few months ago so i have these in my docs just waiting.

Scott centric! Wowza

No, this one will not be continued, have your pure angst <3
WC: 1.234 (damn??)
TW/CW- assassination talk, negative talk/thoughts! Tell me if i missed anything!
______________________________________

Oh, okay well that’s perfect.

He’s ordered to kill The Queen and The King of Nemanemo, perfect! He can do this! Definitely-

Okay he was definitely freaking out, he can’t do this.

For a moment, Scott forgot that his parents, the Queen and King of His own kingdom, are still talking to him.
They’re giving him additional information and he was finally pulled out from his train of constant panic and spinning thoughts when he heard his name being yelled.

„Huh- yes I’m aware of all that.“ He tried pulling it off as if he was even listening.

The King sighed in annoyance as he shook his head

„I don’t know and don’t want to know what got you so distracted that you can’t even pay respect and understanding simple orders, you better do your job and take them down or I’ll personally request your head on a silver platter if you don’t do as i said, now leave.“ The King finished speaking, motioning to Scott with his hand to leave.

Scott bowed down with his hand on his heart and nodded. „Yes, Father. I understand and i won’t fail you.“ He said, those words carved in his brain as he recited them again and again till perfect.

He couldn’t make such a stupid mistake, not again.

Seemingly, they seemed pleased enough with his manners and Scott took his leave back to his room.

The walk there was quiet. Not a sound could be heard in corridors while be walked towards his room.

One would think, if Scott’s crazy for accepting such a crazy and impossible mission of killing The King and Queen of Nemanemo. And that one would be absolutely right! That’s a suicide mission by itself.

But what does Scott has to loose? Nothing, he’s already lost everything other than his title as so called Prince of this forsaken kingdom.

It’s sad, really.

That regardless anything he’s ever done to prove his worth and knowledge to make his parents proud, they will never see him as one, as worthy.

And Scott knew that. He knew that whatever he does would be either overlooked or criticised and be told that he’s good for nothing and to be happy that he’s a Prince, and if they could’ve choose another child to be an heir to the throne, they would’ve choose anyone but him.

These sad thoughts circled in his head and before he knew it, Scott was in his room.

Just standing next to the locked doors, just staring at the floor with blank expression not even noticing that there were tears streaming down his face.

He doesn’t remember when he locked his doors or when he even entered his room, all he knew right now was that he was supposed to take away lives of 2 most known and important people in the world and if he failed...

He slowly sank down to the floor and sat. Just sat there for hours, silently crying to himself before slowly but surely sleep consumed him.

Scott wasn’t sure how long has passed until a knock on his door woke him up.

While still being tired, he wobbly but surly stood up to his feet. Scott mumbled a small „just a moment“ hoping that the person on the other side heard him and went to the bathroom to wash his face.
When he got into the bathroom, he looked at himself in the mirror. Safe to say he looked... unpresentable to say the least.

Scott signed and washed his face. That’s fine, nothing that little bit of concealer couldn’t hide.

As he finished putting concealer on under his eyes. He didn’t look significantly better but it’ll do the job.

Let’s hope nothing important was waiting at the door for past 5 minutes it took him to get somewhat presentable.

Scott walked out of the washroom and went to unlock the door, automatically apologising for the long wait just to be met with Lauren, his best friend and his personal maid.

She had her signature wide and energetic smile on her face as she giggles a little.

„Nah, all good but are you alright?“ Lauren asked a bit concerned.
Oh, yeah who was he trying to fool! It’s Lauren! She knew him the best out of everyone, of course she knew something was wrong.

There’s no rhyme or reason to lie to her, is there?

„Um. No not really but I’m working through it“ He said, opening the door wide enough for her to enter. „So, what brings you here?“
Lauren hummed and walked inside before stopping in the middle of the room, crossing her arms.

„Scott, don’t play dumb with me mister! Everyone in the castle knows about your talk with the Queen and King, spit it out.“ She demanded, and honestly? She sounded like an strict mother who just caught her child playing in the puddle.

Damn. He can’t get out of this now, can he? Scott wasn’t sure what’s worse, Lauren Interrogating him for more information about this and being extremely worried about him or the fact that everyone in this goddamn place know about him being a headhunter assigned by his own so called „parents“.

„Yeah, yeah i don’t know why I’m even shocked at the fact that everyone here knows that I’m assigned to murder a Queen and King of Nemanemo pff...“ Scott threw back at her with a bit more annoyance in his voice than he intended to.
She raised her left eyebrow and just gave him the look.

Scott scoffed and trew his hands in the air and asked her what she wanted to know, clearly.
„Fine! I’m not okay in the slightest and I’m trying to cope with humor, there? Is that what you wanted to hear?“ he walked towards the bed and trew himself at it, hitting face first into the pillow.

Dramatic as always.

„Oh Scott, no jeez! I just wanted to make sure that you’re doing alright“ she spoke with clear upset and concern in her voice dropping her arms back down.

Wanted to know how he was? What a joke and a half. She was here most likely because Grian heard what his parents said to him and wanted to be a good friend and sent her to check up on him, but how did he know that it wasn’t out of pity? How could Scott know that all of this wasn’t out of sadness and pity towards him?
How could he know that any of his friends  were actually his friends and not payed to be by his parents? Who was he kidding! They would even spend a penny if it killed them for him.

Scott thoughts raced, all these negative thinking was doing nothing for him and yet he was still here silently crying to himself- wait but he wasn’t by himself.

„... -ott?“

Scott was pulled out of his thoughts and lifted his head back up and stand upright again.

„Uh yes, I’m fine Lauren but don’t you have anything more important to do?“ he didn’t want to sound mean or desperate to get her out of his room and be left alone, he silently hoped that Lauren didn’t catch it.

„Scott you’re literally crying, oh jeez.“ She rushed to him and hugged him.

Crying? Was he crying?
He touched his face with his right hand and oh.

He was crying.