I Don't Want To Fight Alone Anymore (3/3)

The epilogue, took me 5 months to write and with help of my beta-reader, Ilia, it's finally done!!

Honestly, is anyone even reading this lmao
Warnings:
-Mention of YHS and KOV! it's in details but there is talk about them.
-Mention of r@pe (kov), it's vague but it's there.

_______________________________________

Fantastic
Fantastic, great, amazing.

Every hermit that was tied up and kidnapped by Taurtis was now very much awake and free, confused sure but free.

All that was left to do was to explain this whole situation to them, but what was he supposed to explain? Explain how he was a watcher and the person that hurt them in the first place was his old fiancé and a best friend from his childhood who got taken away and traumatized by the ones who observe.

Well- easier said than done.

There was a lot more to the history behind them, more than Grian’s ever willing to accept and talk about.

They were all looking at him in anticipation of the answers that he wasn’t so keen on letting out, oh but just seeing them rub their wrists from light burns and redness that’s very vivid.
This is fine, this is okay. He can do it.

„Soo... You’re all wonder what in the world happened“ Grian started, which came out more of a question than a statement.
Currently, Xisuma, Tango, Scar, and Mumbo were staring at him for a bit longer now than he was comfortable with.

They looked at each other for a split moment before looking at him in confusion and scared, wanting to get the answers and they weren’t about to live without getting them.

Which is probably a mistake.
Because after this they’ll wish they just moved on and didn’t listen to his pathetic little story.

Xisuma nodded, emotions hidden very well behind his helmet which made Grian even more anxious than he already was.
Should he just start speaking and rip it off as if he was with a bandaid that’s been on his leg for more than a month without a change or sterilizing it?

„So... I guess I should start from the beginning? This is really weird and I want you guys to know that you’re now safe. No one can nor will hurt you while you’re under my watch, okay? This wasn’t supposed to happen and I was in a meeting and I didn’t think that if I-„ Grian stopped before proceeding to reveal something he shouldn’t.

A silence filled the air before Grian could even consider continuing, but they deserved to know. At least in his mind, that’s the least he can do to make them feel at least more... Comfortable with that information. No matter uncomfortable and unnecessary this was for him, it meant something to them.

„Grian, you know you don’t have to tell us anything, right mate?“ Mumbo spoke, still very shaken by the incident but comforting others meant comforting himself, so.
Comfort? Such a weird word.

Became so useless and meaningless to Grian after years spent dealing with torture, deceit, just the pure trauma built on lies and many different categories of abuse from 2 people he cared about the most, just stealing that word and crushing it into dust.

Not gonna mention his parents.

„Yeah... Yeah, but you guys deserve to know. So where should I start?“ Grian shrugged it off as if Mumbo wasn’t right.
They had a clear policy on the back stories of everyone’s past, and how it should be brought up until the person in question said anything about it willingly and by themselves first.

Not that Hermits cared, not really.
They were all a big happy, dysfunctional family.

No matter if a hermit had an uncanny resemblance to something they heard or did before they joined the server.
Hybrids were more than welcome here, of course.

„how about from the start? Haha...“ Of course, Tango tried laughing it off. He was never the one for solving actual problems, always running away from them or just calming them down for a bit and forgetting they existed.

What surprised Grian was that he wanted to know all of it, probably shouldn’t be. No wonder, he’s a curious person.

But Curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought it back.
Wonder what they’ll feel after they know all of this... This.

Grian cleared his throat and looked at everyone, who was just staring at him and waiting for Grian to start talking.

Impatient.

„Okay then, sorry because it will sound like I’m trauma dumping without showing much emotion, I’m currently in a state where I’m not fully... aware? If that makes sense, I’m still very much me and all but whenever I focus on my past I tend to just...zone out. To say.“
He explained, no one said a thing but they did have worried faces. Especially Scar, who looked as if he was seconds away from tearing up just from him saying that.

„As you Xisuma know from my files, my home server is placed as K.O.V, which is not as correct but also couldn’t be further from the truth.
Which I wanna out it as... Confusing.
You all are also probably confused about what the heck that acronym even means and I’ll get on that later but just bare with me please.“ Grian looked down for a second, noticing his hands were shaking before he grabbed the end of his sleeves and held on them tight.

„I don’t think I can go on saying the whole history behind it without losing my current state of mind but it was pretty gruesome and not a shiny time of my life at all.
The constant pain from that place is not something I’d like to relive right now, so I’ll keep it brief. „
It’s fine Grian, just take a deep breath.

And that’s what he kept repeating to himself until he finished explaining everything...
Well, at least most of it.

In the end, him explaining everything without being interrupted, from explaining how his parents abandoned him, to his arrival in Japan where he was welcomed in by a freaking mafia, where he went into middle school and high school with Sam and Taurtis and whatnot.

He also explained how he got assaulted by a rat hybrid (Grian still wasn’t sure if that man was hybrid or even remotely human.) and that’s the most basic reason really why he doesn’t really like hugs without him being the first tl hug the other.

To show he was stripped from all his happiness in every lifetime he lived over centuries of being on this forsaken planet.

(the hardest part for Grian was explaining how his living in that kingdom era and high school era were two different lifetimes, two different births, two different separate ways)

All to how he watched his favorite teachers who he saw as his parental figures (he wasn’t sure why, he didn’t deserve them.) get murdered by Sam’s crazy girlfriend after she found out Sam made Grian act and pretend to be her father (like he made him pretend to be Taurtis.) after he died.

How he was force-fed a fake version of doritos, along with plastic (which definitely didn’t make Tango almost throw up, definitely not.) and got threatened with a knife multiple times, being forced to murder, decapitate, and get rid of both innocent and wrong people.

Honestly, it felt kinda freeing finally say all of that out loud.

Like the sudden weight was taken off his heart, just like that.

„You and Taurtis...?“ Scar asked slowly, carefully.

„Taurtis and I... He was there when no one was. For me that is, and I was there for him.
He was the only one who would never leave me, or so I thought.
In Evo, after he found out about my Empire we got into a fight and I never saw him after that.“ The last part came out quiet, Grian was crying now.

Tears silently fall from his eyes, who knows for how long.

Grian just wasn’t surprised that he was crying, he wasn’t the strongest when it came to keeping his emotions together. What he was surprised about was that he was being hugged now.

Scar was hugging him tight and the bitter-sweet taste never left Grians mouth
It was funny how after everything that Grian has told them, Scar still comforted him.

Hell! He just told them he killed multiple people as a teen! Not that he had any choice in that matter. It was kill or be killed at that time.
Few sobs left him as he hugged Scar back.

„It’s fine G, we’re here you’re safe.“ Scar muttered to him, just loudly enough for the other to hear.
„B-but! After everything I told you guys...“

„Grian, it’s not your fault.“

But did he believe that? No, not really. But was he gonna voice that? Also no.

Grian simply nodded, snuggling up in Scar’s embrace until he heard everyone else leave. He knew their footsteps, he memorized them out of habit.

„yeah... Yeah.“ Grian murmured, he didn’t know what he was agreeing to but it seemed to make Scar’s face brighten a bit.

„I’m sure both of us are tired, let’s go back to my base and sleep it’s been a long day, yeah?“ he said looking directly at Scar’s eyes, those pretty green eyes.

„sure“ Scar nodded, wiping Grians tears off his face.
l
With all that off his chest, Grian didn't know weather he felt much better. Certainly it was different, maybe he felt a little lighter but he wasn't sure. However what he was sure about was that he’ll came around with accepting what was said to him was true. Not soon enough but still in some time.
Until that, he’ll just go back to pretending this never happened. Or did it? Was any of this real? He wasn’t sure. This wouldn’t be the first time his intrusive thoughts (dreams) got the best of him. 

The difference was that this one had a happy ending, so maybe it was all real. 

It was very real and Grian came to realise that as soon as he woke up the next morning cuddling next to Scar. What he would never admit was that he spent his entire morning before the other woke up looking at him with a smile on his face.

---------
Wc: 1688