Freedom Lives Forever, Even If We Die

A/N!
Well Ello there!! I posted this fic a few days ago for a MCYT Fic Fight Season 2!
I'm in team Blaze and choose to fight one of my dear moots, as he is in the team Phantom! :D

ALSO, I was thinking of trying to post daily a little snippets of ideas what I come over the day and try to write them and post them here! Tell me what you guys think, it wouldn't be full on fics but short pieces 300-500 words I'm guessing? I thought of starting today till the 1st September, anyways! Enjoy!!

Wc: 3,488

CW/TW! mcd, blood, descriptions of dead bodies, basically the theme was murder mystery.
________

The moment Grian was alerted about a new murder that happened down-town in Boatem, next to where he worked, it was safe to say he was weirdly ecstatic about it.

There has been a clear track of the same mannerisms when it came to these murder’s victims. With the result of causing fear or dare say excitement in Boatem specifically, the reason for these continuous brutal murders, are yet to be discovered. Every scene of the murder was too terrible to describe.

Dreadful mutilation of these victims is something in common, something that symbolises the terrible murderer and that’s a simple slash that passes their left eye.
For now, there’s three body’s found, all hurt the same way.

That was just a small part of this open case that intrigued Grian to take it.

The day started as any other, a mundane kind of weather with clear signs of rain that it’s about to start pouring. This was a normal day for Grian, waking up to his annoying clock just to almost break it every morning, immediately getting up from his warm and welcoming bed and getting ready for another boring day of paperwork as a detective. 

Grian was only yet finishing high school when he decided that he will go become a detective, going to a collage to study and start as a cop at first, of course. It took him a few years of serious dedication and hard work as a trainee to get to the level he now was. 

Don’t get him wrong! Grian loved being a detective, he loved solving puzzles and unbelievable mysteries that would make a normal person look at it twice and go back to their normal life without solving it. Not Grian, though. He enjoyed working through murder mysteries and making the criminals regret that they even thought of repeating their mistakes. 

However, those intricate cases are rare. 
Before a month ago, it was always the same. Some stupid moron is trying to find and steal their way to some quick cash by robbing a store or stealing some old lady’s purse.

A random person just pulling a gun that they had licenced, not knowing that’s the most stupidest thing a criminal could have on them when getting caught, police could just take it and run its serial number and see on who the guy was registered on. 

It was, in this town, usual to stop casual muggings and sporadic fights that’s happening between random people who are in most cases intoxicated with anything and everything there can be.

Which, funnily enough, makes them overthink twice when they sober up on why the hell would they do that or take anything, playing dumb but that never works out for them in the end. 

Until a month ago, something drastic happened. 

Grian, when he was leaving the station and started walking home, was alarmed by a very high pitched voice that was coming from the other side of a street, just from the suspicious alleyway. 

He immediately took a gun from its holster that was just hanging on his waist, as an extra precaution, and before crossing the street as quickly as he could manage. There was some light shining from the lamppost that’s been standing on the pavement next, so it gave Grian a shy look into the alleyway. Though just as Grian took a look into it, he was immediately disgusted by the sight and clear blood that been slowly trailing on the floor.