Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas everyone who celebrates!!

Have some soft Desertduo/scarian <3

Wc: 1.407

----------------------------------------

Christmas, the grand time for family and friends to celebrate the best time of the year together. Cold weather outside, so clear and refreshing but also freezing enough for hot chocolate and biscuits to be justified to be eaten together.

Since this was his... fourth Christmas? Has it been that long? Well, anyways.

Since his first Christmas, Grian has gotten used to celebrating his time around hermits.

Per say, he wasn’t sure how he even managed to get used to the chaos that he called his family but it was comforting- to know that he had someone who cared enough to get him presents or even invite him over! Him!

Well, you can imagine how he reacted when Scar of all people came that same Christmas noon to give him a zspecial present“.
Or so Scar had called it like that since he said not to open it until Grian was back to his base after tonights party with other Hermits, including Scar.

Reassuring him that he will be astonished by the gift and he’ll love it! Sure, Grian bit sceptical at first because Scar’s gift were always... Over the top to say. But they were always handmade so that’s what Grian appreciated the most.

So that’s what he did.

He thanked Scar for his present and said he’ll meet him later in the shopping district by the nether portal later tonight, turned around with the gift in his hands and returned inside, closing the door with his foot.

Shaking the box slightly, he didn’t exactly hear anything inside. The box was simple, red with a off-white bow on the top, not too small but not too big either, it did feel bit heavy so something was clearly inside.

Maybe a prank?

Who knows! Nonetheless, Grian was excited to open it.

It was starting to set too so that meant it wasn’t long before Grian had to go.

So he placed the box down on top of his daily growing chest monster, and went to choose this years Christmas sweater he’ll wear this time.

Another tradition of his! Ever since Evo, he, Jimmy, and Pearl had this tradition to dress up in Christmas sweaters, same sweater. And if Grian remember clearly, and he does, this year was a black and green one with Christmas decorations on it, such as candy canes and small Christmas trees with yellow starts on top! Honestly it was one of his favourites, it was so soft and comfortable.

So he went and whiched his classic red one he wore basically daily to the other one. He still had some time to spare, so he just went and sat down, taking his notebook and started drawing some final designs for his base.
                                🎄

The time passed rather quickly than Grian initially thought, his train of thoughts being broken by a yell from the down side of his Base.

Grian stood up, basically trowing his notepad back down where he wss sitting and almost running through his base, jumping down before opening his wings, gently gliding down with them.

„There you are, you spoon!! You’re the last one to the party, haven’t you noticed?“

Ah, Mumbo. Of course!!

„Sorry sorry, I’m here i just got lost in a thought“ Grian laughed awkwardly, before opening his wings and jumping in the air.

Flying in the air, turning around to face his best friend once again.

„race ya there!!“

Before shooting off, the other basically stumbling over his feet while opening his elytra and firing a rocket and flying in the same route as Grian.

As every party in past years on this server Grian had witness and participated in, this was definitely his favourite yet.

Music, food, random games people made! Absolutely brilliant and filled with love and magic.

If blonde had to choose his favourite, it would definitely have to be his sisters Bingo game, where they got a map abd and had to gather a block Pearl said.

The twist being if they don’t find the block or a material she said in the required time, she had few seconds to kill left players in the circle.

But alas, as everything nice had to end this one also came to its end. Now it was close to midnight already and most hermits were getting tired, heading over to their own homes.

Grian himself was about saying goodnights and happy Christmas to the few hermits that decided to help cleaning, before being interpreted by Scar who asked to walk him back to his own home (of rocks), making a half laughing reference to Patrick from Spongebob for basically living under a rock

The two talked basically the whole way back, well- mostly Scar talking and making random things about Starwars and the ideas for his future base for the next season which they were moving in bit later next year, somewhere at the end or January or so.

It didn’t take long for the two to arrive.

„Now the present!! Hop hop, go open is mister!“ Scar excitedly motioned to him, waving him off to go grab it while waiting at the rocky bridge, just in front of the entrance.

Grian just giggled a bit before walking towards the infamous chest monster where he placed the box.

Picking it up, he went back to Scar.
Shaking the box slightly again, putting it closely to his ear before placing it back looking down at it.

„Scar- what is it?“ he asked.

Scar just smiled, and pointed at the box.

„Open it and you’ll see“ he said softly, his voice oh so full of care and adoration that always managed to somehow relax Grian.

He stared at Grian as if he himself was the brightest and the best present ever.

They have been together since bit before the start of season seven, where Grian has confessed to Scar by an incident where he had just blurred out the three words without even realising.

They have been dating ever since, happy as ever. Sure, the games have messed with each other’s brains and their relationship but they always go back to each other.

Grian laughed a bit, untying the bow and pulling the top off. What he didn’t expect was a another tiny nox inside.

„Wha-„ The avian started, as he took the tiny box in his hand, carelessly trowing the other box behind him to the side.

As he was about to open it, he was stopped by Scar who took both of his hands into his own, including the box, and lowered down on his knee.

„Grian, i don’t think i can express how much you mean to me... I-i don’t think saying that the moment i saw you was the exact day i fell in love because that wouldn’t be the truth, you were my best friend for the longest and i was stupid to not realise what my feelings were exactly“ he stopped, taking a deep breath in

„I’m just going to say it- songbird, we have been together for what felt a long time and i want it to be for the longest and until universe itself says it’s too much love for a couple to feel, i want us to be Soulmates in every lifetime, i want you to be my beloved forever... So Grian...“

Scar slowed down opening his hand, feeling how Grians own were slightly shaking, whether it was from being cold or something else, Scar didn’t mention, instead took the box in his hands and opened it.

Revealing a beautiful rose-gold ring with a mossy agate, the stone in the middle shaped into one alike a diamond.

Grian felt his eyes tear up slightly at the show in front of him.
„Will you marry me?“

Safe to say Grian didn’t waste any more time than to jump in the others arms, making the other stumble bacm a bit, as the other repeatedly saying ’yes’, over and over again.

Lifting his head from the others shoulder, Grian leaned in and pressed his lips against the others, the two still on the rocky bridge, cold and quiet wind passing the others but they don’t even feel it. Stuck in their own warmth fulfilled of love.

The two separated after few seconds and Grian hugged the other tightly, putting his head on the others chest.
Scar just wrapped his arms around Grians shoulder, hugging him back.

„I love you so much...“

"Merry Christmas Songbird"