four ♤

Warnings: broken bones, dangerous fall

○●○●○●○●○

It was the morning before Merlas first Quiditch game. She still couldn't believe she made the team. When Snape suggested she try out for keeper, she shrugged it off. Unless no one else was trying out as keeper, she doubted she would male the team.

When she went to try outs, she was the only one after keeper. The captain almost didn't want to give her the spot off of his first impression but he let her try out. And Peregrine Derrick was glad to meet Merla.

Merla knew how to actually fly on her broom, unlike most of the others trying out. And while she guarded the three circular posts. Not one goal went past her.

Derrick was impressed, everyone was. "You've got the spot." He emotionlessly said to Merla. He was excited but he didn't let it show, everyone would judge him for it.

"I'm the keeper?" Merla pretended to be shocked. No one else tried out, and the old keeper graduated from Hogwarts last term.

"Damn right." Derrick nodded at the young Malfoy. "You want the spot? Don't you?"

She contemplated it. It wouldn't be too bad for Merla to play as keeper. Atleast for this year, if she didn't like it she wouldn't come back next year. And plus it would impress her parents enough to not bother her about how well she's doing at Hogwarts.

"Yeah I want the damn spot."

Merla flopped onto the floor of the Slytherins common room. Duri and Zaid looked confused while Loriane and Enid scoffed.

Today had been the first day of practice for Quiditch. Lori and Enid tried to convince Merla that she would hate it. They knew she was partially lazy and Quiditch would push her limits.

"Ow."

"Are you alright?" Lori giggled and she poked Merlas limp body.

The white haired Slytherin whined and rolled over to Lori. "My back hurts." Lori laughed but rubbed Merlas back anyway. "Oh thanks."

"Whats wrong with her?" Zaid looked up from his book, but looked back dow when he remembered he didn't care.

Enid explained it was her first day of Quiditch practice, and Merla hated exercising. She thought she would just be able to show up and block a few goals, but she quickly realized that wasn't the case when Derrick began conditioning the team.

He had various work outs at the ready to strengthen the teams muscle. According to him, a strong core equals a strong flyer. So you could imagine the pain Merla was in at the moment.

"I'm going to quit." She whispered to herself.

She should have. She really should have. She wished she did as she sat in the medical wing of the school as Madam Pomfrey fussed over her broken nose.

Blood was fuming out of her nose and onto her Quiditch uniform. Her team surrounded her and wouldn't stop raving about how amazing she was.

Not a single goal went past her. And she was proud of that. Because if even one had, the team would have lost. The Ravenclaws ended up catching the stich, but Slytherin was up 160-0 at that point. So they ended up winning.

It felt especially thrilling to see the Slytherins celebrating her when she returned to the common room. A couple of sixth years lifted her into their shoulders and chanted. She barely managed to notice the camera before a picture was snapped of her.

Merla went to sleep that night feeling like a million galleons. Besides the broken nose, Merla thought her first game when really well. She could end up being one of the best keepers Hogwarts has seen.

It was now her second game as keeper, and she's living up to the expectations she's set. During her first game, she hadn't conseded any goals. Which quite terrified the other houses.

Today, it was Slytherin against Hufflepuff.

Snape advised Merla to train in all conditions. So when she had to play in the ran or with little visibility, she would be prepared. But she pushed him off.

Merla would always regret that because now, with zero visibility amongst the rain and fog the opposing teams seeker accidentally rammed into Merla mid air. He was going for the stitch but accidentally tackled Merla off her broom.

The two tumbled through the air and landed roughly on the sand bellow. Gasping for air, the Slytherin only ended up getting a lung full of sand. She rolled over and groaned at the gray sky.

The seeker landed ontop of Merla. He quickly jumped up and grabbed her shoulders. He apologized profusely until Merla rolled her eyes and pushed his teary eyed face away.

A professor landed next to them swiftly. She asked if anything was broken and Merla responded with a groan. They would later learn that she had broken two ribs and fractured three. But for now she wanted to continue the game.

She gave the Hufflepuff a look that said "it's fine. I don't want to murder you. Stop crying." And flew back up to her post. The regret was immediate but she had a hell of a story to tell the next day.

The Slytherins were accompanied by Cedric and Kara. The seven of them sat in a circle and talked about the game that almost broke Merla in half.

The fall was intense and painful but nothing will ever compare to the embarrassment she felt having everyone talking about her. If people were going to talk about Merla, it would be for something interesting and not embarrassing.

A horrible idea graced her thoughts. "I want to do something memorable."

She quickly explained the idea that randomly popped up into her head. The Slytherins seemed pleased, Cedric and Kara frowned.

"That is horrible." Cedric looked concerned actually. "You absolutely should not do that."

Zaid rolled his eyes. "Dont listen to the Hufflepuff, do it. Today actually."

She considered it for a moment. "Ok I'll do it."

Do what?

That's a secret that won't be shared for years to come.

○●○●○●○●○

1013 words.

Sorry this chapter was all over the place, just wanted to do a quick little filler.