thirty-three

warnings: smooching 🫣

○●○●○●○●○●○

The fifth years all excitedly exited the Great Hall as they had just finished taking their owls. Merla felt fairly confident in herself. She turned to Duri, who also looked quite pleased. 

The two turned a corner and ran into Cedric and Lori. "Hey." Cedric smiled softly at the two. "How do you think you did?"

"I think I did okay." Lori shoved her hands into her pockets and looked around the corridor for Kara, Enid or Zaid. She felt like the group was drifting apart. 

Students passed by, buzzing with glee. All that was left for the year was the final task. "I heard Ravenclaw is throwing a party to celebrate the end of the term." Cedric mentioned casually.

That was good, Merla thought. It has been pretty tense the last few weeks as the news of Barty Crouch Sr. was murdered. A party would bring things back to normal.

Merla wanted to point out, that yeah, of course he heard. Seeing as his lovey dovey girlfriend was one of the most popular Ravenclaws. "Oh really? We should go."

"Krum was talking to me about it." Duri sat down on a bench and motioned for Merla to sit next to him.

The others gave him a weird look. "Since when did you two start talking?"

Duri looked confused. "I dunno. He was sitting next to me during breakfast and we just started talking."

"Is the party tonight?" Merla changed the subject. Her eyes caught glance of Kara walking speedily past the group. She hoped Kara just hadn't noticed them. But lately she has been drifting further and further away.

"Yeah, after curfew everyone is meeting in the chamber of secrets."

"Where the bloody hell is that?" Merla furrowed her eyebrows.

Lori shook her head. "Don't worry, I'll go with you." 

○●○●○●○●○●○

"Can you walk any slower?" Enid hissed as Lori paused mid walk.

Lori turned and gave Enid a stern look. "I'm trying to find the bloody magical sink everyone is talking about."

The two began to bicker as Merla rolled her eyes and started to glance around the bathroom they were in. Her eyes were drawn towards third sink to the right. She reached forward and placed her hand on the faucet.

A loud crunch was heard, then the sink parted and swung open like a door. Merla came face to face with the Weasley twins, who of course were behind the party. "Ah, Malfoy." One of the twins smirked at her. "Is your lovely friend with you?"

Merla turned around and pulled Lori forward. "Hi." Lori began to blush. "We're here for the party." Enid and Merla shared a awkward look. 

The two pushed past the twins, leaving Lori to fend for herself with the Twins. They walked down a creepy hallway towards loud music until they entered the chamber of secrets. The Ravenclaws somehow had smoke and strobing lights throughout the room.