twenty-two

warnings: none

warnings: none

○●○●○●○●○●○

My Dearest Quirky Comet of my Cosmos,

Oh, how the echoes of your laughter have vacated these hallowed halls! Alas, my spirit roams like a lost specter, yearning for your vivacious presence that once illuminated our mundane confines.

The Great Hall does not seem so great without your glorious presence. Days are dull and lack love and color. 

I envy the day you return, because I know I will never truly be happy until then.

Sleeping in our dorm does not seem normal. I find myself drifting off to bed crying, staring at your empty bed. You should be here with us.

No, just me. Lori does not deserve you. 

Merla rolled her eyes, "So dramatic."

In all honesty now, I am so bored without you. I never noticed before, but I always looked forward to you sitting next to me in class or during feasts. So does everyone. We really miss you. 

Please come save me from Lori, I think she is going mad without you.

Enid.

Another letter read, another letter to write. Merla hopes someday, chatting across the country could be easier. Instant even. She dipped her quill to the parchment.

Dear light of my life,

Please seek therapy.

This is the most difficult letter I had to read this entire year. I hope you were being dramatic otherwise I would be concerned for my safety.

I am going to be purposefully vague to anger you-

With love, Merla ♡

Merla set the parchment to the side. "Remy." She called out and instantly one of the kitchen Elves appeared to her side.

"Yes Mistress Merla?"

"Please don't call me that." She cringed. "Would you be able to make me something warm to drink? This weather is getting the best of me." She sniffled as she looked over the grounds, snow settling on top.

Remy straightened his shoulders. "Certainly." He disappeared and left Merla alone with her thoughts.

She snuggled deeper into her cardigan as she moved over to sit next to the window. The weather was gloomy and dark, which allowed for her to actually see the outside world after months. 

The glasses that rested on her nose did help, but they did not make life any less difficult. Merla just wished she could use magic. God's know where her parents even were at the moment.