five ♤

Warnings: none

Warnings: none

○●○●○●○●○

"I don't want to go home." Enid whined and sank deeper in her seat in the compartment. Merla rolled her eyes and pushed her leg with her own.

"Its for a few months." Duri tried to lighten her mode from across Merla.

But Enid wasn't having any of it. "You don't understand. It's so boring at the manor. Father is gone all day and mother is always in her study."

Lori found herself rolling her eyes and muttering. "Wow that sounds like a nightmare."

"Right!"

Merla rubbed her eyebrows. She couldn't wait to go home. She wanted to brag to her parents about how well her first year went. And she was sure they were going to be impressed with the sorting ceremony.

Although, she was definitely going to leave out the part where they fell in the lake. Hopefully they never find out about that.

"Why don't you come with my family?" Duri suggested. "We're going to North America. From Canada to... uh actually I forgot where we are going."

Enid looked extatic. "That sounds wonderful!"

Zaid made a face. Merla could read his mind. "Were these two actually supposed to be Slytherins?" She snorted and looked out of the window.

Eventually the train landed at Kings Cross and the Slytherins shuffled off the train. Cedric and Kara met up with the group outside to say their goodbyes.

Kara unexpectedly gave Merla a hug. The Malfoy blinked, this was random. She awkwardly patted Kara on the back before pulling away.

"Will you write to me over the summer?" Merla blinked again. She was confused why she was only directing the question to her. Sure the others were all in their own little worlds but surely... "The others already agreed."

Merla shrugged. "Sure, you write first. I'll forget."

Kara looked pleased and gave Merla one last hug. Merla accepted the hug less awkwardly this time. "Well, I'll see you all in a few months." She waved bye and turned to look for her father.

He was already looking at her from across the station. She was expecting him to look atleast somewhat pleased to see his only daughter returning home but she was greeted with a scowl.

"Hello Father." She greeted him but he ignored her. He muttered something under his breath before grabbing Merlas shoulders and appearating them to the Malfoy Manner.