twenty-six

warnings:

warnings:

○●○●○●○●○●○

Merla was sitting outside in the courtyard with Kara. Today was the day that Beauxbatons and Durmstrang arrived. The time on Merla's watch read half till six. 

The students from the rival schools should arrive at six. "I'm glad classes ended early today." Kara spoke as she mindlessly read over her transfiguration book.

"I really don't like Professor Moody. So, me too." Merla agreed. Before she could continue to bash her professor. Cedric joined the two on their bench.

"Ladies!" He smiled at the two girls. "You two waiting for our competition to arrive?"

Merla scoffed. "Like they would ever choose you. We're waiting for my competition to arrive."

Kara laughed at the two. She really hoped neither of them were chosen. There was a death toll? Absolutely not.

She was mostly just excited to see a bunch of new faces at school. She was getting tired of all her classmates. She wanted some change. 

"Weren't we supposed to all gather as a school? Where is everyone?" Cedric asked the two girls. 

Merla stood up quickly. "We were." She reached down and grabbed Kara's hand, the two began to run to the meeting point. Cedric was left to rush after them.

Although the three were late, Beauxbatons and Durmstrang seemed to be later. "Were we too late?" Kara asked as they took place in line next to the rest of the fifth years.

Dumbledore answered the question as his loud voice boomed over the students. "Aha! Unless I am very much mistaken, the delegation from Beauxbatons approaches!"

Merla's eyes were drawn to the sky, while the rest of the students eyes scanned the forest. "There!" She pointed, the rest of the students followed her direction. "What is that?"

"It's a dragon!" A first year in front of them cried out. 

"Don't be stupid!" Another first year yelled out. "It's a flying horse."

Merla laughed at the first years. "It's a house." She stated matter of factly. A large house, soaring toward them. Although it was being pulled by flying horses. Very big... and large flying horses. 

The house landed Infront of the student body. Merla watched in shock as a large woman stepped out of the carriage. She was probably taller than Hagrid.

"Is she a half giant?" Kara whispered to Cedric. He wasn't able to answer, because Dumbledore and the entire student body began to clap and their arrival.

The woman talked with Dumbledore for a moment, of course from where they stood Merla couldn't hear their conversation. So her eyes then turned to look over the students who arrived.