thirty

Warnings: cringe men

○●○●○●○●○●○

Merla Malfoy was absolutely spent.

Who would imagine going against a dragon would make you so tired and groggy? Merla groaned as she rolled over in bed. Although she wasn't injured after the first game, her body still ached and burned after transfiguring herself into a dragon.

It was the first and last time she would ever transfigure herself into something that big. Maybe transfigure herself into anything.

Merla groaned once more as she wrapped her arms around her pillow and dug her face into it. Lori and Enid sat on either end of her bed, both with worried looks on their faces.

A hand was placed on Merlas knee. "Merla?" Lori called out. "Are you alright?"

Merla whined out. "My body hurts."

The two shared a look. "Should we get an adult?" Lori looked down at Merla, worry evident in her eyes.

Enid shrugged. "I think she'll be fine." Enid put a hand on Merlas shoulder. "You'll be fine, right?"

Once again, Merla just groaned in response. Her leg raised and started kicking wildly until the two girls left her alone.

She only got out of bed the following Monday when she needed to go to class. Her stomach rumbled as she had skipped breakfast to get an extra hour of sleep. Now her body was really feeling it as she sat down next to Duri in transfiguration.

Everyone turned to talk about her. She gave an annoyed look towards a Hufflepuff as they turned to ask her a question. Professor McGonagall waltzed past the students and towards the front of the class. 

Her eyes scanned the room until they met with Merla's. "Miss Malfoy." The class all turned to stare at the Slytherin icon who was currently winning the Triwizard Tournament.

Merla raised her head. "Yes?"

"Is it safe to assume you are feeling the side effects of your quite... exquisite transfiguration?" Professor McGonagall tilted her head.

"Mhm." She cringed. 

The class giggled at Merla's pained expression. Professor McGonagall walked around her desk. "See me after class." The giggling quickly turned into a chorus of "Ooh."

Everyone went silent with one look from McGonagall. Sometimes she was scarier than snape. She directed the class to continue with their projects and sat quietly at her desk. A quiet chatter went around the class.