thirteen ♤

Warning: fighting?

Warning: fighting?

○●○●○●○●○●○

Merla flew around the Quidditch pitch alone as the sunset. Although the season had ended weeks ago, with Slytherin winning the house cup undeafted of course. However the team wanted to fool around on the field one last time before summer began.

The team played against each other, all playing different positions. It was all fun and games until no one could catch the snitch. Merla volunteered to stay behind to retrieve it.

She sighed in relief when she finally caught the damn thing. She would never have the patience to be a seeker. Honestly, she might be going blind. She lost sight of the little thing at least five times.

Merla landed on the floor of the pitch next to the box containing the Quaffle and two Blungers. She slammed it shut and picked it up to leave. It was dark out now, she could barely seem two feet ahead of her. The only light came from the castle.

"Lumos." Merla jumped as she saw a figure standing next to the entrance of the pitch. "Whose there?" She shouted, gripping her wand.

She stepped forward but kept her distance. She placed the box of equipment down, ready to take off on her broom away from who ever that was. A bad feeling crept down her neck so she jumped onto her broom and flew away.

She was half way across the pitch when a streak of red light shot out, then she was falling straight down onto the floor.

○●○●○●○

"Where's Merla?" Lori asked as the Quidditch players sat down for dinner.

"We couldn't catch the snitch so she volunteered to stay behind and catch it." Duri grabbed a fork and began loading his plate with all sorts of meats and vegetables. The way he ate, you would assume his family was too poor to afford food.

Enid poked her steak and stabbed it in half. "Hope she's stuck out there all night." Zaid gave her a side eye. "Anyone tell you, Zaid?"

"Told me what?" He glanced between the others.

"Miss Malfoy has a secret. And those two know about it." She pointed her knife across the table and Lori and Duri.

Zaid rolled his eyes. "Ok."

Enid whipped her head to him. "Ok? You don't care?!"

"Why would I? It's her secret. I don't tell you my secrets do I?"

"You don't? But I tell you all my secrets?" Enid whined. "Its not fair. I've known her for ages."