sixteen ◇

Warning: none

Warning: none

○●○●○●○●○●○

Draco dragged Merla by her arm onto the train to Hogwarts. The two made it just as the doors closed behind them. "What are you doing?" Draco asked as Merla turned to find her friends. He was going to the compartments that were designated towards the Slytherins while she turned to walk towards the regular compartment her friends usually sat in.

"To find my friends?" She hugged the wall to allow people through. "We don't like the Slytherin compartments. They're too small." Draco shrugged and left Merla to search for her friends.

She searched each compartment in the third cart until she couldn't find them. The whispers that followed her after peaking into each cart started to bother her.

Annoyed, she decided she would meet up with her friends later. She entered an empty compartment and sat down. The train rumbled underneath her and started its journey to Hogwarts.

Merla settled with a book in her hands, and her cat Tata on her lap. She was content rereading her book on this terms positions lessons. Until the compartment door slid open. Her and Tata looked up simultaneously at the intruder. 

It took everything in Merla not to roll her eyes. "Granger?" 

The bushy haired second year took in a deep breath. "Apologies. Have you seen Harry or Ron?"

Merla sarcastically spread her arms out wide and motioned to the empty compartment. She looked left and right to double check. "I don't see anyone-" her eyes caught something outside the train. "Is that a car?"

Hermione rushed over to the window and looked on in distraught at the flying car. "Those idiots."

"Guess you found them." Merla chuckled as she got comfortable in her seat and began reading once more.  Hermione nervously paced the small compartment. "Dear Gods woman. What is it?"

The Gryffindor looked up at Merla. "I mean- I'm worried! They could kill themselves. Or worse... get expelled."

"I don't think there is anything worse then getting killed but..."

Hermione glared at her. "I should go."

Merla nodded her head. She watched as Hermione left, not like she was going to offer her a spot in her compartment. This is probably going to be her last bit of peace before arriving at Hogwarts. 

The Malfoy enjoyed her peace. Until the compartment door slid open again, this time much more loud. She looked up in surprise to see Lori. Lori rushed into the compartment and jumped onto Merla's lap, engulfing the girl in a hug. "You bastard, why haven't you answered our owls?!"

Merla wrapped her arms around Lori, slowly pulling the girl off her. "Sorry."

"Is this going to happen every summer? You're going to ignore us until you see us again?"

Merla frowned. "Sorry, the ministry sent me to America for protection or whatever the reason was." She reached for her bag and pulled out a sleek black box. "I got you presents?" She shyly handed Lori the box.

"You didn't have to. I'm sorry, I completely forgot about the Quirrell thing." Lori opened the box and looked at Merla confused. "Are you proposing?" She pulled out the ring and laughed. "Weird way to ask, but yes."

The two girls laughed. "No, its a compass ring. Whenever one of us are in trouble, you can press the ring and it will lead me to you. I got it for all of our friends." Merla explained. After what happened last term, she wanted to make sure all of her friends were safe. 

Lori smiled at Merla. "You're so adorable." She stood once again and pulled Merla into a hug. "Aren't we supposed to be rude? You know, follow the Slytherin stereotype?" 

Merla shrugged. "We can be rude to everyone else."

○●○●○●○●○●○

The two Slytherins had fallen asleep basically cuddling each other. Lori was the first to wake up, she noticed it was awfully quite as she rubbed her eyes. She nudged Merla awake.

"Hmm?" Merla cleared her throat and looked around. "Are we here?" She frowned as she noticed how dark out it was.

Lori jumped up. "We are! And we're going to miss the last carriage." 

Merla fell onto the floor in shock. The two quickly threw their robes over their clothes and ran out of the train. They ran down the dimly lit path, however they watched in horror as the last of the carriages whisked away towards Hogwarts. "Great."

The two slowly began to make their way to the castle. Both gave each other harsh glares, blaming the other for falling asleep. Lori kicked rocks all the way towards the castle entrance. "We're probably late for the sorting ceremony aren't we?"

Merla nodded. "Will I ever be early to one?" 

"Oh yeah, you fell off the boats first year."

"Don't remind me." Merla huffed as they walked up the cobble stone path. "I don't think anyone will be concerned with us being late, with the flying car and all."

The two round the corner and entered the castle. Lori pulled Merla in the opposite direction she was walking "Great hall is this way." The two sneakily walked in during the feast. 

Merla and Lori walked carefully towards the Slytherin table and took their seats next to Duri, Zaid and Enid. Enid was quick to notice the two, and began hitting them over and over again. "Where have you two been?" 

"Ow." Merla slapped Enid's hand away. "We fell asleep on the train, stop abusing us." 

Enid finally stopped her attack, only when Snape sent her a dangerous glare. 

○●○●○●○●○●○

902 words 

Sorry, short filler chapter :)