twenty-four

warnings: none

warnings: none

○●○●○●○●○●○

Merla walked along side Draco as they walked onto the Hogwarts express. "Really?" Merla sighed as she thought about what Draco just said. "No Quidditch this year?"

"There must be an event." Draco deduced. "While you were late, Bagman wanted to tell me what was happening at Hogwarts this year. But mother wouldn't even tell me."

"At least you knew about it! I just bought a firebolt." Merla paused in the hallway. "Whatever. I'm headed this way." 

She said her goodbyes to her brother and turned the opposite direction of him. While he liked to cozy himself up in the Slytherin part of the train, Merla went to find her friends.

It didn't take long, she slid open the compartment. Only Zaid, Cedric and Kara were there. Kara immediately stood up and tackled Merla into a hug. 

The two stumbled back out the compartment. Lavender Brown, a Gryffindor in the year below looked at the two weirdly before walking past them quickly.

"I was so worried at the World Cup! Cedric said you almost got blown up!" Kara wrapped her arms tighter around Merla.

Merla looked at Cedric as she hugged Kara back. "My father said twenty or so Aurors cast stupefy at the same time. You could have very well blown up." He defended himself.

"Yeah, last time I save anyone out of the goodness of my heart." She let go of Kara and pulled Cedric into a quick hug. 

"Yup, Slytherin alright." Zaid laughed as Merla went to hug him next.

Merla shrugged as the group returned to the compartment. "I'm only kidding. You know, as the strongest witch I know. It is my duty to protect the weak."

Zaid rolled his eyes. "You are definetly not the strongest witch."

"Want to test it?" She pulled out her wand as a joke.

The compartment door slid open, Duri looked on at the two Slytherins pointing their wands at each other. "No explosions please. I just had my hair done."

He looked between the two and noticed it was Zaid and Merla. "Oh! You're alive!" He sat next to her and gave her a side hug.

She rolled her eyes and looked out the window. "What are those two doing?" The group looked past Merla and saw Lori and Enid standing outside the train. 

They turned when they heard a knock on the window. Both their eyes widened as they looked at Merla. 

"Oh!" Enid pushed Lori the opposite direction as she ran for the train entrance. Lori ran the other way.

Duri looked over Merla. "Are these the infamous glasses you've talked so much about?" He reached over and pulled them from her face. 

Merla cringed as she was met with the bright light. "Wow. How do you see out of these?" Duri looked around the compartment with the glasses on.