ten ♤

Warning: blood, explosion

○●○●○●○●○●○

Lori and Merla were sitting on the Quiditch pitch together. Although she wasn't a player, Lori was still interested to see how well the team would work together while using their mind reading rings.

It was bizarre that they're actually a real thing, and bizarre that of all people Merla was the one to find them. It was even more bizarre to her that the Slytherin team is looking better than ever.

Practice had just finished and the two were just about to head up to the castle for the Halloween feast when an idea crossed Lori's mind. "Can you teach me how to play?"

Merla looked up, shocked. "What? Quiditch?" Lori nodded, hoping Merla wouldn't embarrass her for wanting to learn. "Of course, are you interested in any positions?"

Lori shrugged. "Seeker looks fun."

"Seeker!" Merla jumped up. "Can you fly?"

"Somewhat." Lori blushed. She was a horrible flier but Merla didn't need to know that. A broom was thrown at Lori, she looked up to see Merla hovering above her.

Lori stood and mounted her broom. Merla motioned for her to hurry. "Ok. I'll show you the basics for today. You'll love it." Lori gave a look to Merla. "Show me what you've got."

The newbie nervously gripped her broom and flew forward. Merla rushed to follow after her. The two rose up fifty feet in the air. "This is easy." Lori laughed off her nerves. Ignoring the hefty fall below her.

"Really?"

"Really. Can I try going after that golden little ball with wings?"

Merla laughed. "The what? The golden snitch?" She reached in her pocket and showed the little ball. "You think you can catch this?"

Lori puffed out her chest. "What? Think I can't?"

"I didn't say that." Merla laughed. "If you can, I'll buy you anything you'd like."

"Sounds good to me."

The captain hesitated, then threw up the golden snitch. It circled around Lori before taking off towards the other end of the field. The two followed after it. The snitch flowed through each three hoops then lead the two into the rafters of the bleachers.

Lori cursed when she nearly smacked into the wall of the bleachers. Merla let this go on until the sun officially set. "Alright that's enough!" She shouted over the wind.

"I've almost got it!" Lori shouted back. The two have been getting more and more near the castle each minute. "Just let me- GOT IT!" Lori turned to show Merla the golden snitch.

"Lori! Watch out!" Merla cried but it was too late, the girl went flying straight into a window. Merla grimaced and flew threw the broken window.

She landed next to Lori and looked around the room. She had landed in a bathroom, glass and broken green wood laid all over the floor. "Wow, you made all this mess?" Merla looked around and saw Hermione hiding under a sink.