fifteen ◇

Warnings: none

Warnings: none

○●○●○●○●○●○

Draco stood at the top of the stairs, peering down to the living room as he heard voices talking. He froze when he saw his sister talking to his dad. He rushed down the stairs and tackled Merla into a hug.

She stumbled back, but returned the hug. "Where have you been?" Draco asked as he pulled away.

"America. Ministry sent me there for whatever reason." Her eyes lit up as she remembered the gift she bought him. "I got you something." She reached into her purse and pulled out a small block box.

He took it greatfully and opened it. "Classy." He smiled and pulled a silver chain out of the box. "We're matching?" He noted a similar one draped around her neck.

"Of course." She laughed. "We have to remind everyone how rich we are some way." Their parents smiled at the interaction. "I also got you these." She tossed him a pair of seeker gloves.

Draco looked up at her. "For me?"

She shrugged. "Terence quit the team." She explained shortly. "I'd rather have my brother on the team rather than some dim wit."

"You're going to have to practice Draco." Their dad mentioned.

Merla nodded. "Yeah. If we lose to Gryffindor I'll disown you personally." Draco rolled his eyes. But she wasn't lying. Slytherin had some real talent. Cheating aside, Merla doubted they even needed to use their rings anymore. She actually doesn't know where hers ended up.

"I desperately need a nap." She smiled sheepishly at her parents who quickly dismissed her and disappeared to wherever they like to hide.

Draco stumbled up the steps after his sister. "Do you really need to sleep?" He followed Merla into her bedroom.

In response, she kicked off her shoes and jumped face first into her pillows. "Draco, I'm exhausted. I almost died, and I spent half my summer in America. Yes, I need to nap."

He bit his lip, "You know, dad is really angry at you."

Merla looked up at him. "For what?"

"He says..." He looked behind him to make sure the door was shut. "He says that the dark lord won't forgive you easily when he returns."

The two siblings stared at each other silently. Merla took a deep breath. "I don't think he'll ever return. And if he does, he can go fuck himself." She dug her face into her pillow and began to doze off.