twenty-three

warnings: violence

warnings: violence

○●○●○●○●○●○

Hermione knew the Malfoy's had a certain view point on muggles. She knew that the Malfoy's absolutely hated muggles. Muggles and blood traitors. So why was one of Merla's closest friends a half-blood, Cedric so special?

Well, maybe because he was so handsome. But wasn't she dating that Korean boy? Duri?

Hermione wondered why she was even thinking of Merla at the moment. She was at the bloody Quidditch world cup.

Cedric turned and extended a hand towards her as they along with the Weasley family and Kara shuffled up the steps. "Don't get lost."

"Thank you." Hermione followed him, passing seemingly hundreds of thousands of people. "Top box seats, huh."

Kara, a Hufflepuff in the year above Hermione turned to her. "Isn't that great? I bet we'll have the best views." She turned to Cedric hopefully. "Do you think we'll see her?"

"She said she would be here." He shrugged his shoulders.

Hermione glanced between the two. "Who are you talking about?"

Kara turned back towards her once again. "Our friend, Merla." Hermione made a face of acknowledgement. "You know here, don't you? She tutored you and those other Gryffindors."

"Yes, she was a delight compared to my previous Professors." 

The three caught up with the Weasleys and Harry. Cedric stared in amazement as they looked over the crowd. Their attention was drifted to a particular meeting behind them. It was the Malfoys. They were speaking with Mr. Weasley, Harry and the minister of Magic.

Kara and Cedric's eyes scanned the group quickly. Hermione knew they were looking for Merla. Well, so was she. She did not return to Hogwarts last year. Who would blame her? After she was attacked by her own schoolmates?

Harry and Ron returned to the group. "Slimy gits." Ron sneered in the direction of the Malfoys.

No one needed to ask what happened. Hermione took a glance back and saw a flash of white hair rush into the box. She quickly noticed it was Merla. "Kara." Hermione nudged the Hufflepuffs, they turned and saw Merla straightening herself out.

Her eyes scanned the box, briefly she made eye contact with Hermione threw her glasses. Then Kara and Cedric. She wanted to come and say hello, after all these months. However a girl that came into the box along side Merla nudged her forward. 

Merla doesn't even know if the other knew she saw them, with the lighting in the room along with the tint of her glasses it was hard to see her expression. 

The girl and Merla went towards what looked like their fathers, who were conversing with Fudge. Hermione's jaw dropped. "That is Ezekiel Snow." Cedric and Kara looked the man up and down. "The President of Magical Congress of the United States of America."