forty-one

warnings: none

warnings: none

○●○●○●○●○●○

There was a knock on the door, Merla turned to see a curly haired man standing awkwardly by the door of the bedroom she had been sharing with Hermione and Ginny for the past week. After asking Hermione, Cedric and even Tonks for days they were finally okay with the idea of Merla speaking with Sirius Black.

"Merla." He smiled softly at his niece. "How are you dear?" 

She closed the Quidditch magazine Ginny had leant her and swirled her chair to face the man who is supposedly her uncle. Not supposedly, he is her uncle. But she didn't know a thing about him.

"Hello Sirius." She cracked a small smile. "You should get comfortable, we might  end up having a serious conversation." 

He shook his head, sitting across from Merla on Hermione's bed. "That joke never gets old. How are you? Are you feeling alright?"

"I feel like how I felt yesterday and the day before... like shite." 

"Oh-"

Merla shook her head. "My body will heal- I uhm. I want to ask you something?" He nodded his head. "Who is my father?"

Sirius blinked. His body physically recoiled at the topic of the conversation. "Your father...?" He trailed off.

"Yes, you may know him? He is your brother is he not? Tristan Black?" 

His head tilted back in shock. "This is news to me... last I heard there- Maelis had a miscarriage." He blinked back both the shock and joy he felt staring at Merla. "So- your father is Tristan Black, are you certain of this?"

Merla reached into her cardigan pocket and handed Sirius a wrinkled letter. He read over it for a moment before laughing bitterly. "That's... quite some life changing news. How did you take it?"

"Swell." She replied dryly. "I want to know everything about my parents, my real parents." 

He smiled bitterly. "Well, what is there to say? So much... too much. Your mother Maelis was a spectacular woman. She was in the year above myself, as was my brother." He took a deep breath. "I first became acquainted with her after my sorting ceremony. You see, I was sorted into Gryffindor, which is a big no no for my family."

"She found me out the next morning and told me not to worry about it. That I was too pretty for Slytherin anyway." Merla latched onto every word he spoke. "I think.. I think I was the reason Tristan became so keen on your mother."

Merla furrowed her eyebrows. "What do you mean?"

"Well, he was very over protective. When he saw an older Slytherin girl talking to his younger brother he assumed the worst. But... Maelis was practically an angel in Slytherin colors. After that day I swear there wasn't a moment where I didn't see my brother and Maelis wasn't within two inches next to him. A Sagittarius and a Leo. The perfect fiery match. Maelis loved astrology."