intermission: chapter two

Warnings: mentions of kidnapping

○●○●○●○●○●○

Living with the eyes of emotion closed

Doesn't it mean anything to you?

With both ears covered,

with both eyes covered

○●○●○●○●○●○

Merla woke up to the sound of beeping. Her eyes fluttered open, she didn't recognize her sourndings. She blinked multiple times to adjust to the bright lights in the room. She was laying in a bed, there was a door to her left and a window to her right.

She contemplated on if she should get up to leave or figure out her sourndings but as she sat up she became dizzy. She flopped back down, the beeping from earlier quickened. Merla reached up to cover her ears and found herself being strapped to the bed.

The door opened and a red haired man ran in. "Merla! Relax don't struggle." That made her want to struggle more, she pulled on the straps and began to panic.

Thoughts of being chained in the dimly lit chamber flooded back to her. Professor Quirrelle torturing her flashed in her mind and she began to breath heavy.

She vaguely remembered Harry Potter running away. A woman in white clothing rushed into the room. Merla panicked as she remembered Harry. Did he get out? Is he alive? She didn't know.

The woman poked a needle into Merlas arm. Within seconds she had calmed down, her eyes drooped and the room began to spin. "Relax darling." The red haired man smiled. "Promise I'll be here when you wake next."

She frowned. Because: who was this man? "Huh?" But she never got an answer as the room turned to darkness.

Merla woke up once more. This time, the light was less bright. Her arms weren't restrained. And the red haired man was sitting next to her reading a newspaper. She groaned as she sat up, her body stiff from days of laying in bed.

"Miss Malfoy." She turned to look at the man, looking him up and down. He stood and smiled. "Pleasure to see you, awake." He added. "Arthur Weasley." He struck out his hand for a handshake. Merla could barely lift her arm high enough so she just nodded.