Chapter Seventeen

The week has gone by too slow. It's only Friday and I still gotta go to school and work later. The days are longer when I actually go to Gym because Gym sucks and I'm not with Alex.

Right now I'm sitting on my island trying to convince myself to get up and get to school, cuz I have no one here to do that for me. I already had my coffee and am debating having another even though I have no time.

"Whatever let's go." I sighed finally getting up from the counter. I grabbed my bag and keys then left.

Why go to school today though? It's just doing missing work. I have none of that so why? 

I'm here and waiting on Ember. Usually I'm fine with school but today I'm very tired. I'll get through it though.

"Carter!" I heard from besides me, Ember yelling in my ear.

"Ok hold up and turn down the volume. No need to scream in my ear." She just rolled her eyes and opened her locker.

"But what's the fun in that?" My turn to roll my eyes. "Anyways, you ready for this stupid day of school?"

"Nope." I popped the p. "I actually agree with you today. Fridays should not be a school day."

"Finally! I know I'm right."

"I just said today because I didn't sleep well. Not always just today."

"Meh. I'll take it!" She then slammed her locker shut.

Then the bell rang interrupting our friendly talk. We parted ways to our classes.

__

"She's not here again. She hasn't been here all week." Ember sighed as she sat down.

"I know. I don't this she's going to be teaching another year, sadly."

"Mrs Valery is a great teacher. And she loved her job." She said.

"Yeah. Hopefully she's here for the end of this year." I also don't want a new teacher halfway through the school year.

We heard the door shut and surprisingly Mr Roxeen walked in and not some sub. "Can everyone please quiet down for a minute. I have something to share about your teacher Mrs Valery." All of a sudden there was not talking but Mr Roxeen. "Thank you. As you all know she hasn't been here all week but she will be back sometime next week. Although she won't be teaching next year. I know all of you won't be here but I was just letting you all know." He looked around then continued, "That's all I had to share. Your substitute will be in soon, you can continue what you all were doing."

Ember turned back around to me and we continued to talk. "So what to talk about now?" She asked me.

I just shrugged and she sighed. "Well then what are we going to do?"

"Tic tac toe? Hot hands? Rock paper scissors? Chopsticks? The dots game? Hangman? I don't know I have nothing to talk about so why not a game." I offered.

"Ooh, tic tac toe! Haven't done that in a while." She agreed and got some paper. "I'ma beat you."

"It's on." I said then grabbed a pen.

I beat her... Seven times to be exact. She just need more than one strategy then she could have a slight chance at beating me.

Now we're off to Spanish where she is walking me. "You can't just have let me win once, Carter?" Yeah she's still annoyed I won.

"Nope. What's the fun in that. Plus I'm not that nice." I smirked at her.

"But just once." She winded.