Chapter Thirty-Three

Since I'm feeling nice, you all get an update two days in a row. Exciting! And I'm also many chapters ahead.

***

"Are you tired, Carter?" Alex asked me after I yawned for the fiftieth time.

I shook my head and tried to keep my eyes open. "Nope. I'm one hundred percent awake."

I felt her weight leave the couch and her body besides me left. Now she's Infront of me with her hand sticking out. "Come on. Let's go to sleep."

I took her hand and she pulled me off the couch. We made our was down a hall buy she stopped us as we approached a room. "Shit." I hear her mumble.

I looked over at her and she was looking down. "What's wrong?" She looked.. guilty?

"I forgot there is only one bed here." I could tell she felt bad. "I can take the couch. That way you'd be comfortable. And I wouldn't mind at all. I can sleep well enough on the couch. It's comfortable enough."

"Alex!" I grabbed her face and made her look at me. "You're spiraling. Calm down, it's okay." She nodded. "W-we both can sleep in the bed. Okay?"

I watched her eyes brighten. I'm sure mine got brighter. "Really? I don't want you to feel pressured or uncomfortable."

"Yes. I-I wouldn't have offered if I wasn't sure. Or else I'd be sleeping on the couch because I will not let you sleep there." I yawned once again.

She kissed me right after and I was surprised but kissed back. The electricity shit through my body, like it always does when we kiss.

"Let's go to sleep then. Our clothes are in the closets. Mine left yours right."

Then we got changed and I made my way to the bed before her. I felt the bed dip as her weight was added. I turned to face her and smiled.

I moved a bit closer to her and she laid one of her arms over me. She kissed the top of my head before we both went to sleep.

___

I stirred awake from Alex kissing all over my face. Yet I still have opened my eyes.

I slept so well. No nightmares or anything.

"Wake up, Carter." She whispered. Then she went back to kissing my face. It tickled.

"I am up." I mumbled. I'm just not awake awake.

I heard her sigh before she jumped on top of me and kissed me again. Her hands help each side of my face as I laid on my back now. "Get up." She kissed me again. "Wake up. Come on."

I smiled and finally opened my eyes. She had messy bed head but it was also tamed. "There she is!"

Alex just sat back for a second and looked at me. It made me smile more. "What?"

"You just look so beautiful." I blushed at her comment.

"You look mesmerizing, way better than me." I said and watched her smile grow.

"Not possible."

"It is." She blushed and looked away.

"I brought you some food." She got off me and picked something up. "Waffles with syrup and fruit. Because you just hate pancakes."

I grabbed the food from her and sat it in my lap. "It looks delicious. Also what time is it?"

"Ten twenty. I let you sleep because you seemed so peaceful, unlike the last few nights." She's right I slept so well. "Now eat then we can figure out what to do for the rest of the day!" I think she already has some plans in mind.