Chapter Forty-Seven

I woke to the sound of Alex's alarm. She's still sleeping, I think. Or she's faking.

"Turn your alarm off." I mumbled. "We gotta get up." I heard her groan.

"Five minutes." The alarm shut off and she was back to cuddling with me.

"If we skip making breakfast, then we can." I said, she smiled against my neck, making me smile.

"Mhm."

Now you can not complain, you agreed. But we both know damn well she will.

She's usually a morning person and goes to sleep early, I'm the night owl. But we got caught up in movies and lost track of time. We didn't got to sleep till almost three in the morning. Didn't bother me, but she's still tired, if it was not clear.

The second alarm went off. She jumped awake, so now she's a morning person. "Get up!" Oh how the turns have tabled.

"Fine, but for the record you were the one who wanted extra sleep." She rolled her eyes before kissing my forehead.

"Yeah, yeah."

I changed as she did her business in the bathroom. Then we switched. Of course I got downstairs first.

After five minutes or so, I heard her footsteps. I looked up and she was wearing a black pant suit. Fuck.. that outfit.

I heard her chuckle before walking to the kitchen without a word. I followed.

She was looking through the fridge and cabinets. "I don't want any of this." She whined. Look who was right.

"Well you made the decision to sleep in." I said. Alex shot me a glare.

"Why'd you let me?" She leaned on the counter, I walked up to her then grabbed and apple from beside her. She had a pout on her face. That made me sad, my chest tightened.

Then again, she was aware of the consequences.

"You already decided before I responded." I mumbled, taking a bite of the apple. "And I wanted more sleep."

"Hmm. I'm going to work. I'll take the stupid apple." I got her an apple when I got mine, she just took it now.

"Thank you." I smiled. Even though I hate eating breakfast, I'll eat it for her. And I'll always make sure she eats enough.

___

"Can you write me a short story about a dumb potato?' Ember asked out of the blue.

I'm looking at one right now. Kidding.

"Why?" I pierced my lips, trying to figure out the randomness going through her head to ask me that. We were just talking about candles. How the fuck did she get this. "Where did that even come from?"

"My imagination." She threw a pen and paper at me. "Write."

"Why me? Can't you?" I grabbed the pen anyway.

"Because you are a better writer than me. And I like your handwriting more." Ember? Being nice? To me?! Damn. I love the compliments.

"What if I say no?"

She gave me a death stare. Or tired to, she really can't death stare. "Do it."

I made a face but started on it. "Am I allowed to make it a poem? Or just a short story." I can do both.

"Short story. Nothing else but that." Ugh, so many rules.

"Fine." I rolled my eyes, knowing she'd say no. How the fuck am I gonna write about a dumb potato.