Chapter Fifty-Five

"You did it, my love." She squeezed my side before stepping away. I continued to look off the cliff.

After a second of hearing movement I just stopped. Then before I knew it I heard Alex. "Carter." Her voice was calm but also nervous. It worried me.

I turned around and my eyes met hers.

My heart stopped, in a good way, if there is one, at the sight in front of me. She was down on one knee with a tiny box in her hand.

"No sé con qué empezar, así que aquí va nada." We both let out a little laugh. "I love you more than anyone and anything I have ever met or been near. You make me feel these unexplainable things, along with butterflies in my stomach and my heart speeds whenever you are near. I know it sounds stupid but I find comfort in you, peace, and happiness. Even when you can be a jerk sometimes. You are so fucking beautiful, lovely, magnificent, and strong. All on the inside and out. Even if you don't believe it at times." I felt my heart swell more as I bit the inside of my cheek.

"I want to come home to you. Wake up by your side." She stopped for a breath. "Will you marry me, Carter?"

Yes, of fucking course.

"No, I don't think I want to." I smiled. "Yes I will marry you Alex!"

She jumped up and slid the ring on my hand. Then before I knew it she pulled me into a kiss by my neck. My hands quickly found her hips as I kissed back.

This moment could not be anymore perfect. I'm with the perfect woman who I will marry. 

"Were you really worried about everyone coming over? Or just proposing?" I asked as we pulled back.

"Manly proposing. But I always get anxious when people come over." She looked in my eyes. The look she had in hers was unexplainable but it held so much to tell. "I love you. So much."

"I love you, Alex. So much." I smiled and kissed her once more.

"Do you want to officially move in with me?" She asked against my lips.

"I'd love that." I mumbled as I lightly squeezed her hips. "Not like I am there everyday and night already."

___

"Carter.. stop. People are g-going to be he-re soon." Alex said through laughs. She tried to push my hands away.

"Tell me." She squirmed under me as she kicked her feet trying to get free. "Tell me how much you spent on the ring."

Yes I do care how much she spent.

"A-an amount... of mo-ney." She grabbed one of my hands. "Don't worry.. about the amount." She caught breath as I stopped tickling her.

"Did Ember tell you I would kill you? Because I won't do that but I'll..." I don't even know.

"I have the money to spend. I have much more than I need. It's fine. That didn't even make a real dent." Alex argued but I just looked at her.

After a moment she spoke. "Did you hear that? The knock at the door. I'll get it." She started to get up and pushed me onto the couch.

Alex kissed my head as I crossed my arms. "I'm finding out how much you spent."

Her face now inches apart from mine. "You can try." Then she kissed me once more before heading to the door.

It's not one of the rings that have a huge diamond in one spot that is just there. That would annoy me. But I had small ones scattered around it with a nice band. It still had to cost a lot.

"No one is even there." I yelled after her as I stood up and walked behind her.

She just looked at me and smirked. Then she pulled the door open. "Hi Daniella." Alex said.