Chapter Thirty-Five

"You ready to go?" Alex asked as she grabbed the keys.

"Yep." I felt my pocket that had my phone and.. "Wait! I gotta get my wallet." I ran back to the bedroom.

We are going to a spot that has a few shops. Just to really get out and some fresh air.

"Now I'm ready." I ran back semi out of breath. "Let's go." I opened the door for her.

"Such a gentlewoman." She whispered just before kissing me. When we pulled back she wrapped her arm around my waist and walked out with me. I made sure to lock the door.

My door closed just as she started the car. I took her hand and interlaced our fingers in the middle of us.

Alex caught my gaze, again. I can't help it, she's so gorgeous and like a magnet, my eyes always find her, even in the most crowded room.

Today she's wearing a white base casual blouse with neutral color strips, light brown buttoned pants, with a desert tan nice jacket. Her hair is down, as usual. Her normal style unless she's teaching, she's in black and white then.

Her outfit is much nicer than mine, like normal. I just have a white almost cream colored sweatshirt that has a less than halfway zipper. Or course it's unzipped showing my black shirt. Usually I'd have black pants but I wanted to match Alex a little so I got some almost mustard pants that has some zipper pockets, which I love.

I honestly love Alex's style. Just not on me, it fits her though. And mine fits me. I mean I can pull off specific sweaters and stuff but I'd prefer not to.

"How far away is this shop area?" I asked. I'd rather not sit here for forever.

"It was ten minutes from the cabin and it's been five, so five minutes away."

I nod and continue to admire her. It's definitely admiring because I don't want to call it watching or whatever.

I actually love the woods. It's just so quiet and cozy. Except, I'd much rather be around Alex.

"And we are here!" She exclaimed as the car came to a stop. I blinked multiple times. "Were you zoned out?"

"Definitely. I don't even remember the majority of the way here. Except for what was said in my head." I unbuckled, "You are a great driver though."

I watched her smile as I kissed her hand. She kissed my head as her door opened. I can't even hold back a smile when with Alex.

We both got out and I walked over to her. The shops are really cute, it could just be me and my terrible sense I'm stuff but I think they are.

"Any store you'd like to go to first?" She asked as I took her hand again. Guess what, she's on the left side again.

"I'm fine with any as long as I'm by your side." I smiled.

"Mhm. If you see any, tell me. We'll go to them." She kissed the top of my head and I think I blushed. "I'm so happy to be out in public with you. It's so frustrating when we can't be." I squeezed her hand a little.

"I agree, it's really nice." I let out a happy sigh. "I just don't want you to lose your job."

"I know you don't. But I've said it wouldn't matter as long as I have you. Nothing is more important to me that you." She looked at me, "not even this silly job of mine."

"Correction, dream job." I said and she hummed. When her wind blew in the wind she looked just like a movie star, so fucking beautiful, like always.

As the wind stopped we stopped. Alex's arm wrapped around my back and the other cupped my face, then she leaned in a gave me an slow, sweet, innocent, yet passionate kiss. Just not to passionate, we're in public. I smiled and kissed her back my hands wrapped around her neck.