Chapter Twenty-Three

Alex Cameron's POV

"Why are we doing this? What if she doesn't come over tonight? What if-" I started to ramble.

"You stop overthinking and shit." Stephanie placed her hands on my shoulder and stopped me. "Just call her to verify she's will come."

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in. "Yeah, yeah. I'll do that."

I then left the living room and went to the kitchen and grabbed my phone. After opening it I went to my contacts and dialed her number.
She picked up on the second ring, "Hello."

"Hi Carter. Are you still uh coming over?" I asked trying to settle my mind.

"Oh! Alex. Sorry I didn't check who called. But y-yeah I can, when?"

Before I said anything I heard a thud from the other room then Stephanie say something. I put my phone down and ran to the living room.

"What the fuck did you do Steph?" She's on the floor laying like a starfish. "Why are you on the floor?"

She chuckled before answering, "I kinda tripped over the couch and fell onto the floor. Now I decided to lay here."

"How does one manage to trip over the couch?" I shook my head.

"Uh, I donno."

"Alright you weirdo. Have fun on the floor." I said then ran back to the phone.

I tried to steady my breath before I talked."Sorry about that.. something fell. You can come whenever works for you."

"Would now work?" She asked.

"Uh yep. Now is perfectly fine." I smiled, I get to spend time with her!

"I'll be there soon then. Bye alex."

"Adios Carter." Then we hung up.

I walked back to the living and she's still on the floor. "Are you comfortable at least?"

"Meh, I mean it's alright. I could stay here a little longer." She rolled over onto her stomach and is now facing me. "I am assuming from that smile she's coming?"

"Mhm! She's kinda coming right now so we have to finish this." Immediately she jumped up and went back to what we were doing.

"Come on!" She yelled.

I laughed as she did and walked back over to help.

Okay so me and Stephanie are definitely not watching movies, we haven't been. It was her idea though, she wanted Carter and I to do something so she's setting something up with me. I'm very excited but nervous. Of course I want to do something with her but I want her to like it.

As we put the final touches on I got a text from Carter...

I'll be there in a minute I making a quick stop

I told Stephanie that we had a little more time and she sighed in relief. "Then we can get this perfect for you."

I nod as I continue to lay a blanket out. She went back to putting something up and moving where it was 7 times before it was perfect. It went to the same spot five times.

We both stepped back and took in our work. "I think it's officially done. Do you, Alex?"

"Yeah I think it's perfect." I told her.

She grabbed her stuff, "I better get going before she gets here. I hope you both have a great time." She gave me a hug and walked to the door. "Bye bye Alex."