Chapter Thirty-Six

We are laying on the couch. Alex is playing with my hair as we watch a show before we leave. Last night left me breathless, literally. We are both still tired because we went on for a while.

I'm listening to her heartbeat and it's very calming. Another thing that makes me fall for her more and more everyday.

My hand rubbed her thigh as I thought about what to say. "Alex.." I started.

"Yes, beautiful?" I felt her kiss my head.

"I-I uh I... I falling in love with you. I would say I love you, because I do, I love you. Te quiero mucho. But I keep falling deeper and deeper in love with you every second of every day." Wow. I didn't expect to say that all. "Te amo Alex." I just couldn't hold all those words in anymore.

She stayed quiet as her hand slowly stopped playing with my hair. Fuck! Did I do something wrong? To soon? Fuck.

"I-I'm so-"

My head go leaned back and her lips connected with mine. A sense of relief fluched over me, maybe I didn't say anything wrong.

"I love you, Carter." She said against my lips. "Te amo jodidamente mucho."

I leaned back up and kissed her again. I felt both of us smiling.

"Do you want to spend Thanksgiving with me?" She asked once we pulled away.

"As in today? After we leave in thirty minutes?" We woke up at 6. And we are leaving at seven thirty. Way to early, I know.

"Yep." She responded. "Short notice, I know."

"Huh. I guess I can." I said.

"Don't make it sound so tormenting!" She turned the TV off and sat us up. "It's just at my house with Stephanie and us."

"I'll come. Thank you for asking."

"Well I don't really feel like being awaky from you. I was just hoping it was mutual and you had no other plans."

"My only plans would be literally doing nothing." I told her. "I didn't want to leave you either."

"Then shall we leave?" She reached her hand out and I took it.

"We shall."

Before we walked to the door she kissed my forehead. I grabbed our bags this time because she did when we arrived. I also let her drive because she like to and I didn't want her to get car sick.

Just as we fell into a comfortable silence my phone rang. I changed my ringtone on everyone's except for Alex's and Ember. Ember has an obnoxious one and Alex has a one she chose for her so I haven't heard it yet.

"Hi Lexi." I answered the phone. Alex's face went questionable to something I think I know.

"Hello Carter. Um I just was wondering if you could talk for a bit. I gotta pick Everest up soon and I wanted to give you some updates, you know?" Lexi replied. She sounds happy though, so good new. I felt Alex squeeze my hand

"Um hold on." I held the phone against my chest. "Alex, it's Lexi. The bartender I always am on the job with." Her grip didn't lighten though. I put the phone on speaker and on my lap. "Yeah I think I can, unless someone thinks otherwise." I looked at Alex who shook her head.

"Oh? Anyway I wanted to let you know Everest's mom is alright. They are coming back today and I'm spending Thanksgiving with them." She sounded so happy talking about her partner. I'd like to think that's how I sound talking about Alex.

"I'm glad their mom is alright. I have seen them in forever though."

"Maybe soon." She paused. "Now who you with?"