Chapter Fifty-Four

"Ember if you don't hurry your ass up we are going to be late!" I yelled.

I've been ready for a while, Alex wanted to help me so we woke up early. And she had to leave early so Ember is still not ready.

I heard her yell something back but I didn't really listen to the excuse.

"It's not even my graduation and I don't want to be late." Stephanie, who's beside me, groaned. "She's always late to everything."

Got that right. Unless she's coming over, she tries to be early in hopes to not get locked out.

"Then why don't you go help your girlfriend?! It's my graduation I don't want to to be late either."

"You have a fucking car. Why don't you just go?" Stephanie looked at me.

"Because Alex told me I have to ride with you guys." She gave me a look. "And took my keys because the knew I'd try and leave."

"Just like how she took my key to her house." She mumbled.

I smiled. "She left me that key only. So I could lock the house and all."

Stephanie made an angry noise just before Ember appeared. "I'm ready, lest fucking go!" Ember rushed us out.

"So now you want to hurry?" I lock the door as we left.

Yes dumbass. She always rushes out the door after taking an eternity to get ready. I don't know how she lives like that.

"How did you get ready so fast?" She asked as we got in the car. Those two were in the front as I got pushed to the back.

"I know how to hurry." I put my seatbelt on. "And my girlfriend wanted to help me." As in did something with my hair but kept it down. And sorta picked my outfit.

Ember slapped Stephanies arm as we started to leave. "Why the fuck didn't you help me?"

"Maybe because every time I try you don't let me. Then you just take longer and we are even later."

"Bullshit." Ember mumbled. "I would let you help me, I would have let Carter help me."

"That's a bold ass lie. You know damn well you hate me helping you get ready." I called her out. "You get mad because I try then continue to try and you then make me help when I don't know what the hell I'm doing."

"You do the same for me! Ember you just want to be late to everything."

"Do not." She huffed. "I just don't like to be rushed."

"No more arguing, we are here. Get out and do what is needed." Stephanie stopped the car and unlocked the doors.

"Don't act like you weren't talking as well." Ember said as she got out. I just shrugged and left.

I walked next to Ember, on the left side. "Are you going to be ready when they call your name? Or just wait a few people then walk? Since you don't like being rushed." I teased.

"Shut up. I'm ready for that." She shot me a look before we walked inside.

___

I impatiently and anxiously waited for my name to be called. Only a few people are before me since it's by last name and mine is Brooks. Ember is still not up yet, since her name is Miller.

I am yet to see Alex. But she is not on stage, I know she's in the front row, where all the other teachers are.

I snapped out of my trance as I heard my name. "Carter Brooks."

I took a deep breath before I stepped foot on the stage. I looked at the first row and met eyes with Alex. She gave me a smile that I quickly returned as I felt my heart speed.