Chapter Twenty

I'm waiting for Ember as usual. I'm at her locker watching the door for her to walk through. I'm really impatient today.

I started to tap my foot and play with my hands as I waited. My breathing got deeper as I waited. I can feel my heart pounding and here it as my breathing increased. My foot tapped more and faster.

Shit. Shit. Shit.

My hands started to shake. I quickly looked around then speed walk down the hall. I looked around once more and saw no one but Miss Cameron walking to her class opposite of me as I entered the bathroom. I walked to the first stall and locked it.

My breathing got more rapid and my body trembled but I grabbed the door and stayed up. My bag dropped from my arms as I ran my hands up both of my arms.

My heart pounded faster and my breathing was getting worse. My hands continued to shake and I bounced my leg.

"Just fucking stop." I mumbled to myself.

Of course it made everything worse. I heard the bell ring but I couldn't leave.

Suddenly there was ringing in my ears and my head went fuzzy and my vision blurred while going from normal to black. I quickly grabbed the handle on the door to stabilize myself.

"I'm going crazy." I wisperd as my vision got more blurry. My legs wobbled and I fell to the floor landing on my ass.

My breathing was staggered as my heart calmed down but my hands continued to shake.

Slowly everything went back to normal. No more shaking, and my heart was normal, my breathing was a little deep but it's fine.

I slowly stood up making sure I was not lightheaded and grabbed my bag. I left the stall then went to the sink. I turned that on and splashed some water on my face. I wiped it off after a second then left the restroom.

I already know I'm late to class. So why not go the longer way? No harm would be done. So I started my walk.

It was going well and I was almost to class till I heard. "Brooks! Where's your pass?" Mr Hall.

I slowly turned and faced him. "My class is right here. Do you really need my pass?" I pointed to the door.

"Do you really want detention? If not I'll need to see that pass."

"This class started like five minutes ago. Why's it matter if I have a pass or not?" I asked.

"Carter this class started almost thirty minutes ago." He told me.

Holy shit.

"Well I don't have a pass. Give me detention I don't care." Actually I do because I want to have time before work.

"Then yep you have detention." He said and walked away.

I groaned as I opened the door. I was greeted by my teacher at his desk and everyone talking. "I'm sorry for being late." He nods and I walked to my seat.

Today has started off great.

__

"Where the fuck were you this morning?!" Ember asked as soon as we left our class.

"... I woke up late again." Sure.

"Uh huh."

"Also I have detention."

"What did you do now. Or what did Mr Hall misinterpret now?" She said the last part mocking me.

"I was late as you know and he so happened to see me walking to ym class with no pass." I said rolling my eyes. "And he should have been with his class."