Chapter Fifty-Seven

I heard Embers car honk again. That's the tenth time and it's been ten seconds since she got here.

This is why she doesn't need a car.

"You better go before she runs into this house and drags you out." Alex mumbled as she handed me my phone.

"I don't want to leave." I frowned. I don't want to be away from Alex.

"I don't want you to either." She said. "But I won't keep you from having fun with your friend."

"Well I'm not-" another konk "-leaving without a goodbye kiss."

"I wasn't going to let you." She cupped my face and pulled me into a sweet slow kiss. "I love you, my love. I'll see you when you get back."

"I love you Alex. Adios." I kissed her hand before actually going out the door.

Another loud honk happened just as I shut the door. "Would you stop that! I didn't even have you wait ten minutes!" I yelled, opining the car door.

"I told you I'd be here soon-"

"In ten minutes." I buckle my seat belt, she's a crazy fucking driver. "It was five. I should have made you wait."

"If you did that I would have went in there and dragged your ass out. I'm sure Alex would not have mind." Do you see how sleep changes her? She's pissy and annoying after.

Somehow still my best friend.

"If you take me to a damn restaurant I'm going to run us off the road."

A small smile creeped onto her face. "How would you do that without killing yourself?"

"I'd manage." I mumbled. "So where are you taking me? Or was this an elaborate scheme to kidnap me?" You can never trust Ember.

"You came with me on your own. You could have stayed with that fiancée of yours." She took a turn and I held on for dear life.

She's trying to take me out on the day I was born!

"Well fuck. I'd rather not die today."

She pulled into a parking lot where other cars were. Not dying yet!

"We're here. And we are going to have fun, so shut it." She pointed at me as she parked. "Get out." She said, kicking me out of the car. Almost literally.

Now I don't really recognize anything except for this car. Apparently I don't know the town I live in all that well.

"What are we-"

"If you ask another question I will make us go to a restaurant." She deadpanned.

I looked at her. Should I challenge it?

No, you fucking idiot.

"Fine. But if we go to a restaurant anyway I'm done."

She shook her head and started to walk to a building. The outside gave away nothing so I'm left with a stupid surprise.

And the fucking windows are tinted. Still no fucking clue.

She opened the door and I immediately heard sounds of.. bounce houses? I swear.

It's bounce houses. She went to the front desk and got something from the lady. I just looked at everything. I've never actually been in a bounce house. And there's tons here, obstacle courses and all.

"Knew you'd like it." She came over with a smile and handed me a wrist band.

"You can't say that yet." I grabbed the bracelet thing. "I don't know if it's fun yet."