Chapter Thirty

Alex Cameron's POV

The front door shut from behind her and I immediately grabbed my shoes, keys, and phone, also my driving license just in case.

No way in hell I'm just leaving her! Especially in the state she was in.

She was having a panic attack and I doubt it stopped, just calmed down. I don't think that was Ember on the phone.

My thoughts are all over the place. I need to go to her as fast as possible.

I put my shoes on and grabbed two blankets. If she's where I think she is, I'm this weather we need something to keep warm. It's cold and night. It'll be colder than the day.

I ran out to my car. As I opened the door I threw my phone and the blankets in the passenger seat. I buckled as I put the key in and started the car. Once that was done I immediately started driving trying to remember all the turns she took.

I have only been here once and it was the day Carter took me here. I'm hoping I remember where it is or I'm going to flip.

As I made the last turn her car came into view. I let out a breath of relief. "Fucking yes." I whisper yelled to myself. It's in the same spot as last time.

I parked next to her and grabbed the blankets. As soon as I turned the car off I was out of it. I found my way to the branches again and move those out of my way. "Carter?!" I yelled out just as I stepped through.

I saw her sitting by the edge looking down. My heart hurts at the sight, I could tell she had tears on her face and was shaking a little.

"Carter." I said doing a light jog over to her. She looked up at me and I have her a smile. "Can I sit?"

She didn't say anything but nodded her head. The tears still left her eyes and now that I'm closer her breath is deep and staggered.

I slowly sat besides her, not touching her just in case she doesn't want that. I held a blanket out to her, "Take it. It's cold and I don't want you to get sick." Another tear fell and my instinct was to wipe it away but I held back. She grabbed the blanket and wrapped herself in it.

I covered my legs with the blanket. "I know you don't want to talk about it yet, but could I give you a hug? It's completely fine if you don't want me to touch you." I said looking back at her as she looked off the cliff again.

She slowly shook her head to my question. I nod respecting her decision.

She didn't seem to be getting better and I didn't know what to do to help. I would trying the breathing and talking stuff but I think she wants silence. And she doesn't want me to touch her so I have nothing. But we can sit in silence. Even if it hurts to see her like this.

I know I'll never understand it because I've never gone through this. But I will always try and help her with it.

We sat in silence, only hearing her sniffles and quaky breaths. Well it's the only thing I'm listening to. They aren't claiming or stopping.

It hurts to hear but she wants the silence and doesn't want to be touched so I'll sit with her.

"Alex..." Carter mumbled. I didn't have to look at her, I already was. "Can you uh hug me." Her voice was so quiet I could bearly hear it.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

Her head did the slightest nod. "Yes. Please just hug me."

I opened my arms and she leaned into me. I wrapped them around her as wetness hit my shirt.

"It's not working." She mumbled. I watched her pull the blanket back over her, it fell when she moved.

"What's not working?" My voice was soft and calm.