Chapter Twenty-Seven

Alex Cameron's POV

I pulled up in my driveway, finally seeing my mother waiting at my door.

"Why didn't you wait in your car?" I asked getting out if mine.

"Finally you are here! You took far to long. And I didn't want to." She grabbed her bag and waited for me to unlock the door. "Come on, we have so much to talk about, open the door!" She rushed.

I rolled my eyes but grabbed my key. "Happy?" I pushed the door open and she immediately dragged me to the couch, not even dropping her bags by the door, she put them beside the couch.

She nods her head fast, answering my question. "I'm too old to move that fast." She said, trying to catch her breath.

"You are old." I brought my legs up and relaxed a little more. It is my house anyways. My comment earned me a light slap on the arm once she was back to normal breathing. "You just said you were!"

"I know I did. But that's me saying it." She finally dropped her bags down then crossed her legs and put her hands over her knee. "So a little bird told me-"

"As in Stephanie." I interrupted.

"You just called your best friend a bird, how rude!" My mom exaggerated trying to somehow annoy me.

I rolled my eyes but smiled. "At least I didn't call her a raccoon." Even though she is one. Sneaky, misstevious, mother fuckers.

"As I was saying, before you rudely interrupted, Stephanie told me you got yourself a girlfriend." I felt my face heat up. "I need to know more. That was all she said."

I am so close to killing Stephanie, who knew.

"First off, I don't have a girlfriend." Yet, hopefully. "Secondly, I'm gonna kill my best friend!"

"No you won't. You love her."

"Watch me. You just want your gossip partner, so I can't kill her." I huffed in disappoint.

"Yep. Now back on track. Tell. Me. Everything." She demanded in a scary tone.

Everything though? Eheh... Maybe not? But maybe.

I adjusted my position to face her more. "You and Stephanie are so nosey."

She gave me a stern look, "Stop stalling and get to the story shit. I have to know what's going on in my daughter's life. But I also am nosey."

At least she's self aware.

"Well- um there's this..." Girl, woman, fuck I don't know what to say, woman alright. I'm so confident. "Uh woman. We aren't dating but I really like her, I think she likes me as well." That made my mom smile, half happy half sad because I didn't say for sure. Yet I know she does.

"What do you not get about details!? Where'd you meet, what's she like, appearance and personality. Details!" Damn she's like an animal when it's hangry.

I rubbed my arms like Carter does but for a different reason, I'm cold. I pulled a blanket over me that was on the couch as I thought of what to say.

"Well she has green eyes." I smiled now envisioning her. "Messy blonde hair, a pretty smile, and a great personality." That was very vague, wasn't it? The woman better be happy with what she's got.

"Does she have a job?" The lady Infront of me asked.

Duh. "Yeah." I didn't roll my eyes cuz my mom doesn't know shit but I really want to roll my eyes.

She perked up in her seat and her eyes meet mine again. "Where she work and when?"

"At a bar. Around now till ten-ish." She's gonna make us go.