Chapter 762: It's Karma (1)

The rumbling shaking the temple suddenly stopped.

Red light no longer shot out of the sculpture on the wall.

Choi Han's hand holding the sword relaxed. The sword hung down toward the ground.

Tap. Tap.

Cale was picking up the red diary.

There was silence for a moment.

However, during that short instant... Choi Han's eyes quickly inspected Cale's condition.

'...The injury-'

He was certain that he saw the dagger stab deep into Cale's chest.

There was a large hole on the left side of Cale's shirt, however, his body underneath was bloodied but fine.

'...Tattoo.'

Cale had said that the ancient powers become tattooed on your body when you obtain them. He mentioned that he had one such design on his chest over his heart, but that tattoo and his grotesque injury mixed together to look disgusting.

Cale was laughing right now while looking like that.

He was laughing while looking at the sculpture that Choi Han presumed the sealed god was sealed within.

Plop.

Something round rolled over and touched Choi Han's foot. He looked down to see an orb.

'...An automatic video recording device? There was that video recording device earlier too. Why are these automatic video recording devices here?'

Choi Han was confused for a moment before he thought of someone and turned his head.

Cale, the sealed god... And the now dead and disappeared White Star.

Clopeh was quietly moving during this short moment of silence.

The temple shook violently and was destroyed in many places because of the battle.

Clopeh was quickly doing something within this debris.

Choi Han frowned after realizing what Clopeh was doing.

'...Did he install some automatic video recording devices? That crazy bastard.'

Choi Han filled with rage. It was because Clopeh's green eyes were sparkling as if they were green leaves covered in morning dew receiving sunlight.

He had a thought at the same time.

'I need to make sure that the children do not see that.'

Forget the chaos that would ensue if Raon, On, or Hong saw that... the children would be so sad.

He also had another thought.

'I will need to show it to Eruhaben-nim and his highness though.'

Choi Han had not thought about it until now because of the shocking sight, but he knew that what Cale stabbed his heart with was a dagger. That let him know that Cale had not told them everything until now.

He did tell them that this dagger from the World Tree was the tool to kill the White Star, but he had never expected the method to be something like this.

Of course, this method did allow them to destroy the White Star far easier than expected.

'...That and this are two different things.'

Choi Han made up his mind to never completely believe the things Cale said from now on. He told himself that he would look into things without Cale knowing if something seemed iffy or it felt as if Cale was hiding something.