Side Story 6-2: The God of Death's Observation Journal (2)

An existence that could not be seen in the darkness.

The Sun God always hid her appearance in the darkness as she moved.

The existence that once moved around while releasing a bright, hot, and radiant light as if she wanted to cast aside all darkness from this world started not revealing herself since some moment in the past.

The Sun God had said it was a form of atonement.

"There is something I wish to know."

"Oh really? Ask away. I'm in quite the good mood so I'll answer any one question you may have, Sun God."

They were both silent for a moment.

"Oh, God of Death."

"Yeah?"

"Is there really no existence that could bestow death to a god?"

Crack.

The wine glass in the God of Death's hand cracked and disappeared into the darkness.

"I was in a good mood but not anymore."

A smile appeared on the God of Death's face.

"So it looks like I won't be able to answer your question."

"...More than anybody else."

The Sun God asked in a calm voice.

"Weren't you the god who wanted death more than anybody else and sought out that method?"

"Huuuuuu."

The God of Death let out a deep sigh and responded in an emotionless voice.

"I did not manage to find such a method."

The God of Death's eyes slowly sank low and held no emotions. The voice flowing out of his mouth was heavy but held no emotions either.

"Oh, Sun God. You are not looking for eternal death but 'death.' And the beings who are allowed to experience that 'death' are only ones who can be reborn to live new lives."

"......."

"Is it that you want to be reborn as a human again?"

The God of Death did not wait for the silent Sun God's response and continued to speak.

"I don't know what you are hoping for with those thoughts but let go of useless dreams."

His voice was quite firm.

Don't both you and I have the burdens of mistakes to carry?"

The Sun God finally responded after a long time.

"...Yes."

There was a moment of silence between the two gods again. The God of Death didn't put much deep thoughts into it and simply seeped into this stillness as if he was water flowing through.

He heard the Sun God's voice at that moment and it pulled his mind out of the surface of the stillness.

"Is it Lee Soo Hyuk?"

A deep wrinkle appeared on the God of Death's forehead.

"The human you have with you."

Plop. Plop.

A few of the observation journals floating in the air fell to the ground. The God of Death spoke in a low voice.

"Hey you damn bundle of light."

"......."

'This Sun God bitch has no tact at all, no tact.'

"Hey you damn bundle of light, that kid used to work for me. Don't mess with him."