Side Story 1-2: New Employee Kim Rok Soo (2)

"Excuse me?"

"What do you mea-"

Most of the new employees who didn't know about the hazing ritual opened their eyes wide, looked around, and started talking.

Choi Jung Soo thought about the hazing ritual, something he wouldn't have known about if he had not heard about it from Park Kyung Ho just now, and opened his mouth.

"Umm, what do you think the hazing ritual is, Mr. Rok Soo?"

"I'm not sure, Mr. Jung Soo."

"Oh come on, you seem like you know all about it, Mr. Rok Soo."

"I don't know, Mr. Jung Soo."

Choi Jung Soo frowned at the stoic Kim Rok Soo's response. Kim Rok Soo sighed after taking a look and was about to open his mouth when the emcee started speaking.

"You all know where this is, right?"

"Ah."

He couldn't help but gasp.

The auditorium that the orientation was taking place...

This place was quite far from the company.

"Is it possible-"

Choi Jung Soo looked at Kim Rok Soo who calmly opened his mouth to speak after noticing the gaze.

"If it is a hazing ritual, it is probably a search."

He looked at the auditorium entrance and added on.

"This is one of the destroyed lands."

Destroyed land.

That was the term given to an area where civilization had not been restored properly after monsters had rampaged through it.

There were quite a lot of places like that within Korea.

"As you all know, this is one of the destroyed lands."

The MC gently addressed the talkative new employees.

"I'm sure you all saw it on your way here, but an auditorium has been built and a few new buildings are being built outside.

There was only one thing that could mean.

"Thankfully, this is an area that has returned to human territory."

Monsters lived in the destroyed lands.

The humans who lived in new central cities based around the shelters were slowly recovering the destroyed lands around the city.

This land with the auditorium was one of those places where humans had pushed the monsters out and were reconstructing a city.

"The ones on the 'Head' side will be tasked to go through documents related to the reconstructions."

The MC then looked toward the 'Body' side.

"As for all of you here, you will be doing a treasure hunt."

The mission given to the new employees...

"...A treasure hunt?"

Choi Jung Soo looked confused while Kim Rok Soo's eyes clouded over.

"Everybody here is talented and has all sorts of abilities but we cannot send you to complete missions right away."

That meant that they could not be placed in battle right away. That was why they were going to give them a different sort of 'mission' to check out their abilities.

The MC sternly but gently continued speaking.

"There used to be many important public institutions around this auditorium."