Side Story 5-1: Why did the Archduke's Household crumble? (1)

At the time when King Zed's birthday celebration changed to a nightmare because of the Magic Bomb Terror Incident in the Roan Kingdom...

Something big had happened in the Breck Kingdom as well.

"...You couldn't find traces of Rosalyn?"

"That is the case, your Majesty!"

The king clenched the hand that was holding the throne as the head of the intelligence agency lowered his head with a stiff expression.

Only the king and a few of his vassals were in the meeting room right now. The king did not hide his emotions.

"...How, how could this be?"

Princess Rosalyn had left from the Breck Kingdom and was headed toward the Magic Tower in the Whipper Kingdom.

She contacted the royal family at least once a day. However, that had stopped at some point.

The last thing they got from her was an emergency rescue signal.

"...Roan."

"That is the case, your Majesty."

The coordinates from where they received her last signal was in the Roan Kingdom.

In order to go from the Breck Kingdom to the Whipper Kingdom, going through the Roan Kingdom was the quickest path unless they went through the Empire.

'...Did the Roan Kingdom-?'

The king wondered for a moment if the Roan Kingdom had attacked Rosalyn, but he soon realized it was a useless thought.

'The Roan Kingdom has no reason to mess with a neighboring kingdom. That is a place that seeks peace unless somebody attacks them first.'

He was aware of the nature of the oldest kingdom on the continent. It was a kingdom that lived quietly if nobody attacked them, but it was an extremely disgustingly persistent kingdom that would survive through everything and go after anybody who attacked them.

The Breck Kingdom was extremely aware of this as it was the oldest kingdom after the Roan Kingdom and the Jungle.

'Then what happened?'

No, most importantly...

'Only a few people knew that Rosalyn was headed toward the Whipper Kingdom's Magic Tower.'

There was no way for a foreign kingdom to figure it out when only a few people within the Breck Kingdom knew about it.

'But that doesn't mean that there are no ways for them to figure it out.'

If one of those extremely few people from the inside leaked that information to a foreign kingdom...

'Or if there are no connections to a foreign kingdom...'

Furthermore, the fact that Rosalyn stopped contacting them...

'Someone on the inside is responsible.'

Someone in the Breck Kingdom or maybe some faction in the kingdom must have attacked Rosalyn.

"Your Majesty."

The head of the intelligence agency noticed the king's face darken and cautiously started speaking.

"It is possible that only her magic video communication device was destroyed by a monster or a sudden unexpected situation."

"Do you really mean that?"

"...My apologies, your Majesty."

Unlike the other vassals who were in here, the head of the intelligence agency was decently aware of Rosalyn's abilities. Furthermore, the people who left with Rosalyn were from the kingdom's shadow brigade and were skilled enough to even protect the king.