Chapter 771: The Birth of a Hero? (5)

The father and son's exchanging of gazes ended after a moment of silence.

"Your Majesty!"

The Chief of Staff was standing at the door, not daring to enter, while looking anxious.

He did not go inside Alberu's bedroom as the King motioned for him to stay out, but he could not just sit still as he had to aid the King.

King Zed looked at the people standing outside the door and gave an order.

"Only the two of you come in."

There was no need for him to explain which two people he was talking about.

The Chief of Staff and the swordsman, the two people who directly aid the King, entered the room.

Someone else took a step into the bedroom at that moment. It was Tasha, who had returned after contacting Raon.

"Your highness."

She was looking at Alberu.

It might seem improper of her to act like this with the King here, but she could not leave Alberu in here alone without any allies.

"Yes. You were here too."

Tasha turned her gaze after hearing the King's voice.

There was a small smile on the King's nonchalant face.

"I guess it would be good for you to come in as well."

'Why is he acting like this?'

Tasha was suspicious of the King but entered the bedroom after Alberu nodded his head.

Click.

The bedroom closed at that moment.

"Mm!"

Tasha looked back in shock.

Ooooooooong-

Blue mana was released from the Chief of Staff's body.

The mana soon covered the entire bedroom with soundproof barrier magic.

'This is the highest-grade mage level......!'

Tasha thought that this mage was lacking in skill compared to Rosalyn, but he was at least more skilled than Alberu. Furthermore, she had thought that the Chief of Staff was a regular person until now.

She never expected him to have such skills.

'...That swordsman too-'

Tasha observed the swordsman, who did not go to stand behind King Zed and went toward the window to observe the outside, with a sharp gaze.

Choi Han had quietly whispered something to her as she walked past him to get here.

'That swordsman is strong.'

She could not hear any details as she did not have time, but a swordsman at a level that even Choi Han calls him strong must be at the sword master level.

'He doesn't seem at that level though.'

She did not feel much from this swordsman other than this dreary attitude he was giving off.

'There is a sword master in the Roan Kingdom? And he is one of the King's close confidants?'

This information was difficult for Tasha to understand.

However, she was certain about one thing.

'I can't let my guard down.'

King Zed Crossman. He had handed over all authority to crown prince Alberu already, but he was no pushover.