Chapter 767: The Birth of a Hero? (1)

The eyes of the knight who had been protecting the entrance of the Puzzle City City Hall were sparkling.

The radiant shield slowly became dimmer as it disappeared from the sky. In its place was the extremely clear blue sky.

"Woooooooooooooooo–!"

"We're alive!"

The cheering soldiers... Their shouts made it feel real.

This long battle was finally over.

They never expected to see such a clear sky afterward.

A gentle smile appeared on the knight's face.

Although it was a day in winter and not much time was left in this year... The sun in the sky felt oddly warm and the wind felt refreshing instead of cold.

"It's over."

His mumbling made the senior knight standing next to him laugh out loud and nod his head.

"Looks like it. Finally... finally-"

The senior knight could not say anything else and raised his head to look at the person standing in the sky.

Cale Henituse. He was standing firm.

"The shield truly does not break."

"Definitely."

The knight nodded his head vigorously at his senior's comment to show his agreement.

"I knew that the Commander-nim would persist to the end."

Although this god was sealed, they were told that an attack with the power of a god would soon envelop Puzzle City.

'It gave me chills.'

Loud explosions that sounded as if his ears would explode rang endlessly, and gusts of wind from the impact rushed against them.

They could not see the different powers mixed together because of the large shield surrounding Puzzle City and Cale's half-transparent silver shield, but they knew that there was quite the clash happening there.

'Yes. But the shield still persisted.'

The thing that remained in the end, the thing that persisted through everything, was the shield.

It was the Commander of the Roan Kingdom.

The knight smiled as he did not share his emotions.

"The shield did not even budge, just as I expected!"

The knight saw the senior knight's face stiffen at that moment.

He got chills on the back of his neck.

"Really?"

He heard a low voice.

The knight urgently turned his head and froze on the spot after seeing the two people in front of the group.

"The shield did not even budge you say......"

This person was from the noble household that was said to have the most influence in the Roan Kingdom right now.

The Duke's House of Henituse.

The master of the household, Deruth Henituse, was smiling while being supported by his second son, Basen Henituse. Basen had rushed over to Puzzle City after hearing that the Duke had fainted.

Duke Deruth's eyes were not smiling.

The knight subconsciously gulped.

He recalled the information about how Duke Deruth had fainted from shock after seeing former Commander Cale Henituse stab himself in the chest with a dagger.