Side Story 3-1: Don't mess with the crown prince (1)

It was before the Northern Indomitable Alliance declared war on the south.

It was a time when the thought of war was not in the minds of the majority of the Roan Kingdom's citizens.

Crown Prince Alberu Crossman.

His attendant wet his lips with his tongue without making it visible.

The inside of his mouth was completely dry.

Peek.

The record keeper's eyes moved.

'...Shit.'

Crown Prince Alberu was leisurely walking with an extremely radiant smile on his face.

'We can't mess with him.'

This was a time when they could not mess with Crown Prince Alberu Crossman.

'But this is a big incident.'

The lowest ranking record keeper recalled what Alberu had just said to the King and a few administrators.

'The Paerun Kingdom's forces have moved to Norland and Askosan.'

It meant that the day when the alliance of the three Northern Kingdoms would invade was near.

'A real war.'

The crown prince needed a record keeper by his side as he was taking care of a lot of business in place of the king. The record keeper was especially necessary when he went into meetings.

He was one of the record keepers assigned to the Crown Prince Palace to be by Alberu's side.

'And it's not far off!'

Unlike the shocked record keeper, the crown prince had thrown another bomb in front of the chief executives just now.

'The military command of the northeast region will go to Cale Henituse of the Count's House of Henituse. He will be the northeast region Military Commander.'

It was not a question about whether it was okay to give Cale Henituse the position of northeast region Military Commander.

It was a statement.

"What are you doing?"

He heard a warm voice.

The lowest ranking record keeper urgently raised his head. The crown prince, who had stopped walking, was quietly looking at him and smiling.

Crown Prince Alberu was quite nice to the people working in the palace.

He didn't work them excessively nor did he want them by his side at all times.

Furthermore, he praised them for the smallest of things and rarely punished them. He even gave a lot of presents to the people in his palace.

The crown prince quietly commented with a radiant smile on his face.

"It's bad if your mind is in chaos."

The crown prince, at some point, had started bringing him, the lowest ranking record keeper, whenever he needed something recorded.

The record keeper heard his gentle voice.

"Open your ears, move your hands, and keep your mouth shut. You know what to do, right?"

The record keeper tilted his head.

"What are you saying, your highness? I'm not sure what you are talking about."

"Yes. This is why I try having you by my side."

The record keeper slightly lowered his head without saying anything else.