Side Story 2-1: Our team leader-nim became trash! (1)

This place that is simply called the 'company'...

Team 1, which is said to be the most militant even in this place...

Jang Sejong, the new employee and therefore the newest to this team, was walking past the employee break room with a lot of files in his hands.

He could hear some whispers through the slightly opened break room door.

"Don't you think that team leader Kim Rok Soo has become a bit weird?"

Flinch. He stopped walking.

Although the voice was so quiet that regular ability users would not be able to hear, this newbie, Jang Sejong, could hear it because he had a sensory-related ability.

"Mm."

"Seriously, don't you think that is the case? It looks like he might be burnt out, but... it also looks like... he might have gone crazy... Drinking at work-"

"...You talk like this is the first time that bastard Kim Rok Soo has been weird. He's always been a crazy bastard."

The brusque voice was Park Kyung Ho's voice.

He had joined the company at the same time as team leader Kim Rok Soo and was the Team 2 leader right now. However, he was said to be promoted soon.

"No, he is a crazy bastard, but... He's never been a crazy bastard in this way. Something, something seems weird."

"I thought you were busy? Stop being nosy and focus on your own work."

Screeeech. Park Kyung Ho stopped talking and the break room door opened immediately.

Jang Sejong flinched after making eye contact with Park Kyung Ho. Team 2 leader Park Kyung Ho, who was called the Spearman of Thunder, scowled after looking at Jang Sejong.

Flick.

However, he simply motioned with his head for Jang Sejong to move along and Jang Sejong bowed while curled up in fear and quickly walked past the break room to his office.

"Haaaaa."

Jang Sejong let out a light sigh.

He could not brush aside what he had heard in the break room.

"...Somewhat-"

As the person talking to Park Kyung Ho had said...

Team leader Kim Rok Soo...

"He really has somewhat become weird."

Jang Sejong thought about Kim Rok Soo's odd changes that the whole company was talking about and then recalled the moment two weeks ago when it had started.

* * *

Two weeks ago was the first time that Kim Rok Soo missed work at the company without notice.

"What? Team leader-nim is not here yet?"

Assistant Leader Kim Min Ah, who had been dispatched in the morning, frowned while looking at Jang Sejong. Jang Sejong looked a bit scared as he nodded his head.

"Yes, yes ma'am. The team leader-nim has not come yet."

"Wasn't his time off until yesterday?"

A Support Agent, Jung So Hoon, chimed in as well.

"Yes, ma'am. It was until yesterday and he should have been back at work today."

"...Something is weird."

Agent Jung So Hoon immediately picked up his coat.

Assistant Leader Kim Min Ah quickly scribbled something and handed it to Jang Sejong.