Chapter 35: Apprehended

You along side with Rapi, Anis, Neon, and the Absolute Squad were now in the Elevator as you and the girls descended your way back down to the Ark, most of the way back down was quiet, until Anis broke the sudden silence around the group.

Anis: Commander, can I ask you something?

Y/N: ...what is it?

Anis: Why do you fight instead of giving us orders?

Y/N: ....It's simple, because I want to protect the ones I care about, you, Rapi, Neon....I dont want anything bad happen to any of you girls...after what happened to Marian and the incident of what happened to Rapi before...I'm not taking any chances...

You answered Anis's question, she was taken back from your response as she was surprised to hear you say that yiu care about her and the other girls, Eunhwa, Emma, and Vesti were all also surprised of hearing this as they never met somebody that cares for Nikkes before to an extent that they want to protect them.

Emma: W-Wow, you care about them do you Commander? I've never met someone that cares for there Nikkes to this extent before...

Vesti: Y-Yea, it makes me happy to hear you say that you care about Rapi and the others Commander...

Eunhwa: I have one question of my own if that's alright...

Y/N: Sure, what is it?

Eunhwa: Why do you care about Nikkes anyway? Other people at first may see us as Goddesses but when they see Nikkes fight the Raptures for the first time, they now see us as mindless War Machines....

Eunhwa said as she asked you her question, you thought about what she said for a bit as you don't understand why the people of this world would be scared of the Nikkes, sure there stronger then the average human and there purpose is to fight the Raptures, but you don't see them as Mindless War Machines like Eunhwa said, you on the other hand find the girls attractive in a lot of ways, maybe the people in this world are dense to see it that way or something.

Y/N: Look, the reason why i care is because all of you deserve better then this, you girls risk your life every single day up in the Surface, fighting Raptures and try to reclaim what humanity has lost, and what do you girls get in return? A job well done and a pat on the back....you girls deserve better then that...

Emma: But Commander, us Nikkes is to fulfill one purpose and one purpose only, and that is to reclaim the Surface....

Y/N: And yet, its been decades...and I don't see any progress of reclaiming the Surface...you girls may not know it, but all of you are fighting a losing battle....and I'm not gonna stand aside just to see you girls throw yourself into the meat grinder for Humanities sake...besides, if the people want the Surface back then they should do it themselves, not you girls....

You said to the girls, the girls were all left speechless of what they heard from you, the atmosphere around you and the girls were completely silence again as all of you continue to make your way down to the Ark, once the Elevator reaches down, it stop; the Elevator doors then open as you and the girls were greeted by the Central Government Soldiers.

Y/N: Umm, is this some sort of welcome committee?

You asked out loud, then a female individual walked up to you along side two other female individuals, the girl that walked up to you has a twin-tales hairstyle on as she gave you a stern expression.

Privaty: Are you Commander Y/N? Lead command of Squad Counters?

Y/N: Umm, yea; I am?

Privaty: The Central Government has ordered us to apprehend you and bring you in for questioning, follow us peacefully and there won't be any problems.

Rapi: Apprehending the Commander for questioning? What for?

Yulha: For bringing a Rapture down here at the Ark of course, among other things...

One of the other female individual that was Privaty said, you turn your attention to her as you then immediately blushed a bit and averted your gaze away from her, the reason why is because of what she's wearing.

Yulha: Hey! Why did you look away from me?

Y/N: Umm, you make me nervous...that's all...

Admi: Well, that is to be expected; Yulha makes anyone nervous...

The other female individual said that is also along side with Privaty and Yulha, you turn to her and by your surprised, you find her quite cute, she was equip with a sniper rifle and has a few cat stickers on her backpack that she's carrying on her.

Admi: Sorry about Yulha, she makes every nervous, but she's a good person and hard worker then most of us.

Privaty: Hey! I'm a hard worker too you know!

Admi: Your clumsy and arrogant Privaty...

Privaty: Why you- !!

Y/N thoughts: Damn, shots fired on that...

While the Admi and Privaty starting to have a small argument, Yulha then sigh as she then place her hand on her face, covering her eyes, she then showed an exhausting expression on as it looks like she has to deal with Admi and Privaty's stupid acts.

Yulha: *sigh* I have to deal with this kind of stuff every single day...

You then see Andersen and Ingrid walk up behind Privaty, Admi, and Yulha, the girls then turn there attention to the Commander in Chief as he walked up to you.

Andersen: Your alive.

Y/N: I am...

Andersen: As much as I like to thank you and appreciate you for defending the Ark and its people, I'm afraid that's going to have to wait, the Higher Ups of the Central Government wants to bring you in for questioning.

Y/N: ....

Andersen said, you then took a peek behind him as you saw numerous Ark Soldiers equipped with weapons as it looks like there ready for a gunfight, you saw this as you then sigh and turn your attention back to Andersen.

Y/N: I'm guessing there here to make sure I don't cause any trouble huh?

Ingrid: Its for your own protection Commander...

Y/N: My protection? Or there's?

You asked Ingrid, the atmosphere around you and everyone else is starting to become intense, you then just gave out a loud exhausting sigh in response.

Y/N: *sigh* I'll come along quietly...

-

To be continued...