one

"I don't see why I need to learn now."

It was the weekly fight between Milena and Ravenna - Milena said she wanted to learn to drive, but when she meant that, she really meant: research everything she could about the task, learn every single detail when it came to the driving test and the rules of the road. Not actually getting behind the wheel of a car. But that Milena Ramos for you, her autism presented itself fully with the task of driving.

Ravenna wanted her sister to learn how to drive before turning eighteen. Ravenna always found that rule stupid - especially when street racing was involved. Ravenna had been taking Milena out with her to the races, showing her how much fun they actually were. Milena had a hard time understanding the real reason why someone would pink slip their car. But just like Ravenna, Milena was interested in cars.

Maybe not to the extent that Ravenna was with her own garage nowadays. But she was interested in the car scene, the racing scene. And said she wanted to learn to drive. Just not in the way that Ravenna was trying to teach her. "You can't learn how to drive through books and research, la nana." Milena shot Ravenna a glare upon hearing her childhood nickname.

"I'm no la nana."

"Yes, you are." Ravenna said, draping her arm across the back of the seats. "Mila," Milena looked at her sister. "I want you to learn now, that way you don't have to worry when you do have to take your test." Ravenna explained.

"Does it really matter if I learn now or in a few years?" Milena asked. It was nice to finally hear English coming out of her sister's mouth. For the past few years, Milena only spoke Spanish. Ever since she started learning it in school, she refused to speak English, which was her first language. But as the years went on, it was nice to hear Milena actually speaking a second language.

Ravenna smoothed down the hair on the back of Milena's head. "This is when dad taught me to drive." Milena's head turned to the side, looking out onto the back road behind their house. "You miss him, don't you?" Milena nodded. "He'd be teaching you right now if he was alive." Ravenna reminded her.

"Are you trying to make me feel guilty?"

"No, not at all." Ravenna leaned over, kissing her sister's temple. "I just think learning now will be beneficial. I'm not always going to be around to give you rides." Ravenna said.

Milena rolled her eyes. "You don't go anywhere."

Ravenna took offense to that. She actually planned on using the money from the runs with Dom to travel around a bit, but Alesia needed the money more. Her extended care was more than Ravenna expected and while Alesia was making progress, there was probably no way she'd be able to come home. Ravenna was forced to stay in the DR for two more years since Dom left.

Since Han left.

"Can you just try it? Just once." Ravenna gave a sweet smile. "We'll have your favorite dinner tonight if you do." Ravenna knew the way to her sister's heart. Milena nodded instantly.

Milena wasn't a half-bad driver by any means. Obviously, she was underage, only fourteen learning to be behind the wheel, but she was a natural. They stuck to the back streets and roads, making sure that the cops weren't anywhere near them. Ravenna was already in trouble with the law, she didn't need more of it or have Milena go down that road either. It really only took a week before Milena felt comfortable driving up and down the road behind their house alone.

Ravenna stood outside her garage, watching her sister. A bright smile was on her face. Her arms were behind her back when she heard her phone ring. Ravenna looked back at Milena, waving her back in so she wasn't out there alone driving. Ravenna walked over to the cell phone sitting on the workbench. "Hola."