fifteen

Mila arrived at the location of the race, pulling into a spot where Eark and Reiko were standing. Ever since moving to Tokyo, Mila was still driving around illegally, but no one seemed to care, especially if you are speeding down the highways. The cops don't even try to stop speeders and when it came to the teenagers who were driving illegally, they kept their cars hidden. Mila was one of those people, but hers was out in the open in Han's garage, but no one questioned who the cars belonged to.

Earl popped the hood as Mila got out. "You heard that, right?" Mila asked. Earl looked over the engine. "I've asked Raven-"

"'Cause the way you drive is wrong!" Mila rolled her eyes at Reiko. She loved Reiko, but sometimes, the girl didn't know how to keep her mouth shut. Especially when the computer came out, saying that Mila was a shit driver. "See?"

Mila crossed her arms. "Look, Reiko, I love you, I do, but I don't need a computer to tell me about my throttle response." Mila commented. Reiko held out her arms in defense. "Come on!"

"We're done here."

"Seriously?" Mila sighed, placing her hands behind her head as Earl and Reiko walked off. She shook her head, looking down into the machinery of the car.

"You wouldn't have that problem with a V8." Mila turned around, coming face-to-face with the new kid. He moved around her to take a look at the engine. She crossed her arms, "Oh, so you're that type?" Mila asked.

"What type?"

"All you care about is who's got the biggest engine." Mila pointed out.

"I'm a guy, it's in my DNA." At least he was admitting it to Mila. He looked over the engine. "So, y'all race with these things, huh? Cute little toys." He asked.

Mila clicked her tongue off the roof of her mouth. "Y'know, I almost didn't recognize you without your classroom slippers on. The blue and white really bring out your eyes." Mila teased.

"Don't you mean uwabaki?" Mila nodded, impressed that he learned that quickly. "Mila, right?" Mila found it curious he found out her name, but she didn't know his. "Sean." He introduced himself.

"Quick learner." Mila decided that he had enough time looking at her engine. She moved in front of him, lowering the hood.

"So, where are you from, anyway?" Mila definitely had an accent. She turned back to Sean, sitting on the hood of her car.

Mila smiled. "The Dominican Republic. My name is actually Milena, but everyone calls me Mila." Mila shrugged.

"Long way from home."

"You can blame my sister, she moved out this way." Mila said. She glanced over to where Han was standing with Takashi. Raven said she wasn't feeling good, so she sent Han and Mila off to the race by themselves. She also said she'd watch the garage for Han while the club opened up during the race. "Our dad loved it here, so when we were born, he taught us Japanese." Mila explained, looking at Sean. "Raven decided she wanted to move here last year, I came with." Mila stated.

Sean smiled. "You have a better story than I do."

"Oh?" Mila got off the hood, standing in front of Sean. "Do you now?" Sean nodded. "Care to share, Sean? Or am I going to stay in the dark?" Mila asked.

"Who's the tourist?" Takashi leaned over and asked Han. Han was in the middle of texting back and forth with Raven. He looked over to where Mila was standing. She was talking with someone that Han hadn't met before, but it was the first time that Han saw Mila actually starting the conversation instead of answering. She was really feeling herself.