twenty-one

When Mila got out of the car, the first people she saw were Twinkie and the rest of the crew. She wasn't allowed to stand with her friends, no matter how much she actually wanted to. Mila was being forced to stand next to Takashi's uncle. She found it ridiculous she had to act like she was supporting Takashi in this race. Twinkie knew she wasn't, but she also couldn't go up against Takashi's uncle. She walked around the car, glancing at Twinkie before walking over to Takshi's uncle.

What the sucky part of all this was, Mila wasn't even allowed to see how the race was going. There were people up and down the mountain, they would be filming the entire thing. Mila had to stand at the bottom of the mountain with everyone else, watching the reactions.

And right away, Mila could tell that Sean was behind Takashi. She bounced on her toes, trying to calm herself down. Her hands were in her pockets, playing with the edges of the sonogram from Raven. It was the only thing keeping her calm. "Come on, Sean. Come on, Sean." She muttered under her breath, hoping the uncle didn't hear her.

Hearing Twinkie shout in excitement made Mila excited. That meant Sean was currently in the lead. She wondered what Takashi did to allow Sean in front of him. However, right around the next turn, Mila heard Twinkie's comments. She closed her eyes, still bouncing on her toes. At the moment, she wished that Han and Raven were there - they'd calm her down just being there. But Ravenna had left Japan after seeing her sister. And Han was dead.

Mila's eyes opened when she heard the crew cheering. She glanced at Takashi's uncle, wondering what he was currently thinking. "Come on, man! That ain't right." Twinkie complained.

Mila looked over to him, wondering what was happening up on that mountain. Since she wasn't allowed to see what was happening, she had to guess Takashi was playing dirty - it was only logical. He was scared out of his mind about losing. Losing to a gaijin was his worst nightmare.

That was the only reason Mila was with him in the first place. Mila actually went up DK in her very first race, and nearly beat him but he cut her off at the last second during the twisty part. Mila nearly got sideswiped during that stupid action Takashi did. But she made it to the top within seconds after he won. There was a small bit of respect, but it was more if Takashi dated her, she'd never go up against him again and almost beat him.

Mila looked over at Twinkie, watching his facial expressions. He definitely looked conflicted, but the other expression, she couldn't figure out. But the race was definitely a nail biter by the looks of things. As Mila looked around at the others standing around to see who would win the race, they were nervously watching their phones.

Twinkie yelled again in excitement, making Mila feel better about the race. Sean just got in front of Takashi again. It was really starting to come down the last little bit of the mountain. Mila knew they were close, she could hear the engines speeding down the road.

"Oh my God!" Mila gasped, eyes widened. She was shocked to see Takashi's car rolling down the hill. Mila began to jump up and down once she realized what that meant - Sean won! He fucking won! Even though Mila didn't particularly like that Takashi nearly got himself killed trying to win the race, Mila was happy to see that Sean was now the new official Drift King.

Mila waited, making sure Takashi didn't accidentally die from that crash, even though he brought it onto himself. Once she knew he was okay, Mila ran straight for Sean. Mila pushed through everyone, her arms wrapped around Sean, hugging him tightly. Sean picked her up from the ground, turning them in a circle. Mila laughed, a bright smile on her face.

She grabbed Sean's face, kissing him in front of everyone. Sean did fall back against the car, but he held onto Mila, responding to the kiss. Their friends were cheering for another reason, and Twinkie held out his hand. Earl slapped some cash into his hand, losing the bet.