eight

Milena was definitely a little concerned when she got out of the car. The agent seemed nice enough to her, but at the same time, Milena didn't know how she knew her sister or her family. Milena's bag was on her shoulder, clinging onto the stuffed animal that Dom got her before he left the DR. She had it in mint condition, barely a fluff out of place.

Elena could see that Milena was nervous about the sudden move from the Dominican Republic to the Canary Islands. Outside of traveling to California, Milena hadn't been out that far. When Elena found out what happened to Milena, thanks to Hobbs, she made the journey to get her and bring her to stay with her and Mia while the others dealt with the problem. Elena gently placed her hand on Milena's back, leading her into the house. "You'll really like it here," Elena said softly. "I promise."

Milena didn't want to sound harsh, but it came out that way. "The people who promised they'd come back, didn't." Elena was warned by Dom that Milena probably wasn't handling the news of her mother's suicide and Ravenna just up and leaving well. And he was damn right.

"Well, I can promise you this time, you'll like it here. Nothing bad will happen to you here." Elena said as she led Milena into the house. Milena looked around, seeing how much money it must have cost until she heard a familiar voice.

"Mia?" Milena called out.

Mia looked up from feeding Jack some mushed up food. Mia had no idea that Milena was coming to stay with them. Mia did hear about Alesia's death, and she suspected that Ravenna hadn't heard yet. "Oh God!" Mia got up from where she was sitting. Milena dropped her bag, running straight to Mia. Mia hugged her tightly, kissing the top of her head as she started sobbing. "Shh, you're okay here, Mila." Mia said, closing her eyes tightly. She held Milena tightly, letting the sixteen-year-old just sob into her chest.

Elena grabbed Jack from the high chair before he started screaming. She bounced him in her arms.

Milena lifted her head up, "Why am I here?" Milena asked. She didn't understand why she wasn't in California. She thought her family lived in California. "I don't understand..."

Mia wiped her eyes. "It's okay, Mila. I'll explain everything." Mia gave her a smile as Milena sniffled. "Wanna meet your cousin?" Milena turned to the agent, seeing the baby in her arms. Mia took Jack from her, grabbing a cloth to wipe his messy face. "This is Jack." Milena was never comfortable around babies, she always felt like she was going to drop them right onto their heads.

And babies freaked her out. She never wanted them.

But Jack seemed innocent enough.

Milena wiped the tears away. "Hi Jack."

"Jack," Mia bounced him a little to soothe him. "This is your Tia Mila." Milena looked at Mia. "She's Tia Raven's sister. I bet she's going to spoil you just as much as Tia Raven does." Mia said with a smile.

Milena let Jack wrap his hand around her finger. She noticed how strong of a grip he had. It was insane. "When did you have a kid?" Milena asked.

Mia chuckled. "Almost a year ago."

"And Raven's met him already?" Mia realized what she said. Right around the time Mia gave birth, Ravenna and Han made the trip from Hong Kong to visit her and meet Jack. Raven instantly introduced herself as his aunt. "Is she going to come here to get me?" Milena asked.

Elena shook her head. "Not right now, Milena."

"Why not?"

"Dom needs her for something." Elena stated, trying to keep everything under wraps. She didn't know how much Milena knew, if anything, and by the sounds of things, she knew barely anything. Milena's eyes narrowed at the agent. She just wanted answers - she had so many questions and no answers.