twenty-two

Meeting Han's family at his funeral wasn't something Ravenna ever wanted to do. She didn't have the answers they wanted to hear, they just knew that Ravenna was Han's girlfriend. It was awkward, considering Han's family didn't know anything about his life once he graduated high school. He left home and never looked back. He had siblings that Ravenna didn't know about - to be honest, Han never spoke about his family. He particularly didn't like talking about his life back in California.

Ravenna never pressed him on it. It really wasn't her business. If Han wanted to keep his past life a secret, he could.

It was just completely awkward at the actual funeral because Ravenna knew no one. The only ones she knew were Dom, Tej, Brian, and Roman. And even then, his family was confused how he linked up with them. They drove up in their cars, giving him a street racer's goodbye.

It was just awkward.

Ravenna stood next to Roman, his arm was around her waist. He was keeping an eye on her from the moment they left the hotel room. Ravenna even drove with Roman to the cemetery. Ravenna couldn't shed a tear while she stood next to Roman, there weren't any tears left. And she couldn't cry, not until they had Deckard.

"I can't do no more funerals." Roman said.

"First Han... now Hobbs is laid up, of all people." Tej glanced at his friends. "We're bein' hunted." Tej looked at the four of them next to him. "You know he's out there somewhere watching, right?" He asked.

"I hope so. Means he's close." Brian said.

"Just promise me, Brian," Roman looked at Brian. "No more funerals."

"Just one more. His."

"Amen to that." Ravenna said, resting her arms around her stomach. She was holding onto the program as she did so. "And all the disrespect to the dead is reserved for him." Ravenna added.

Ravenna looked at the big picture of Han that was surrounded by flowers. Sitting in the corner was a picture of her. She was working on her motorcycle when they were in Hong Kong. She knew Han took the picture, but she didn't know he had it in his car. Ravenna reached into the pocket of her dress, removing the necklace from inside.

It once belonged to her father, telling her that whenever she found her person, they'd get it. Han never wore it, which was fine with Ravenna. But she wanted it to be shown off. She rested the necklace against the corner of the floral frame.

Ravenna was the last one to stand by the casket. She wanted to be the last one because she knew she'd need the most time. Saying goodbye was always the hardest thing for Ravenna - it started back when her father unexpectedly died. She was there when he passed, and just like Han, she was there to see him die in that explosion.

Her friends stood off to the side, allowing her as long as she needed to. The others had left already, including his parents and siblings. Ravenna stood there, brushing her hair from her face when the wind blew. It was hard for everyone to see Han go in such a way, being hunted by this Deckard Shaw for whatever fucking reason.

Ravenna closed her eyes, drawing a cross between her chest and head. Her head lowered slightly, giving Han a short goodbye in her head. Every part of her wanted to say what she wanted out loud, but considering her friends didn't know about the pregnancy, she couldn't. Not if she wanted to take down Shaw, she couldn't expose the pregnancy yet. They wouldn't let her do half the stuff she was already doing if they knew. Ravenna was going to get her claws into Deckard, she wanted to see him go down.

"Raven." Brian called out.

Ravenna turned her head, seeing the SUV approaching the funeral. Ravenna's eyes narrowed, shaking her head. At first, she figured it was someone from the government, coming to ask questions, but as Ravenna approached her friends, someone came out of the first SUV. Her face fell. "You couldn't have waited a day?" Ravenna asked.