thirty

Sitting on the hood of her car, Ravenna rested her arm on her knee. She was trying to figure out why Dom would suddenly go rogue like that. It was so out of the blue. Something was the cause of all of this, but at the moment, Ravenna had no idea what the trigger was. Dom was a private person, even with his closest friends, even with his own family. But it didn't make sense - especially betraying Hobbs like that, taking the device.

"All right," Raven lifted her head up to look over at Tej. "I got his phone records, y'all." Tej stated.

"And?"

"It's a whole bunch of calls from untraceable numbers." Tej said.

"Burner phones, right?" Roman asked.

"Nah," Tej shook his head. "Scrambler. Same number, but they got some sort of micro-router to bury the signal path, which means Dom is clearly communicating with somebody that's above our pay grade." Tej said.

Ravenna sighed. She pressed two fingers against her temple.

"Look, I don't know Dom as well as you," Ramsey began. "But if we just look at the facts... Dom's been having highly encrypted conversations with some mysterious person. He took out Hobbs. He stole an EMP." Ramsey rattled off, approaching the worktable in the safe house. "Now he's disappeared."

"So, what are you sayin'?" Tej asked.

"Maybe we should consider the fact that Hobbs is right." Ravenna's eyes closed. "Dom did go rogue." Ravenna jumped when the car door slammed. She opened her eyes, seeing Letty approaching Ramsey quickly.

"Letty." Roman quickly stepped in front of her, stopping her from doing something she'd regret later. "We're all in this trying to figure it out, okay? We're on your side." Roman said.

"You sure about that, Roman?" Letty asked. Roman took a step back from Letty. "Before you judge the man, remember, you're breathing right now because he saved your life." Letty made sure she slammed her shoulder into Ramsey's in passing. Ravenna scratched at her forehead, keeping her mouth shut. She knew Letty was going through it - again, this wasn't like Dom.

Ramsey turned her head, watching Letty walk up the stairs.

"You just gonna let her bump your shoulder like that?" Ramsey looked at Roman, not saying a word. "I'm-I'm just sayin', that-that was a little aggressive." Ramsey ignored him as she walked back over to her computer setup. "What you gonna do, email her?" Roman asked.

Ramsey just sighed.

"Raven, you good?" Ravenna looked over at Tej, shaking her head slowly. "We'll figure out what's goin' on with Dom, don't worry."

Ravenna sighed. "I just wish I pressed harder when I heard Dom's tone. Something was bothering him, guys. He didn't sound like himself." Ravenna dropped her leg, holding onto the edge of the hood.

"Dom's secretive, we all know this." Roman stated. "I mean, he hid the fact that him and Letty were married."

A thought crossed Ravenna's mind. She hopped off the car, approaching the table. "Has anybody heard from Elena?" Tej and Roman exchanged looks, trying to remember the last time they even spoke to Elena. The last time anyone from the family heard from Elena Neves was the day Hobbs was laying up in the hospital. Dom and Elena ran into each other at the hospital, but after that, no one had heard from her.

Roman shook his head. "Nope."

"Not that I can recall." Tej said.

"Elena?" Ramsey questioned.

"Elena Neves, she works with Hobbs now. But before that, when we were working in Rio, she was working against us until the last moment. Dom and Elena had a relationship for a period of time." Ravenna explained.