thirty-seven

Milena sat back in the chair, phone in her hand as she waited for Sean to finish up with the welding. She looked up when Sean stood up. "She's ready to roll." Sean removed the welding mask as Earl ran to the computer to check a few details. Mila smiled, shaking her head.

Twinkie sat in the chair by her, playing on his phone. "Sometimes I question if Earl and Sean are a couple with they way they bicker." Twinkie said.

"Honestly, I guess my relationship with Sean sometimes." MIla said honestly. Not in the sense of wondering if he loved her, he did, but half the time, hse wondered if the others loved him more than she did.

Twinkie and Milena exchanged looks as Earl and Sean did bicker back and forth about the specs and the modding. Twinkie got up, pocketing his phone. "Hey, come on. That's a bit much." Twinkie said.

"When you know what too much pressure in the LOX line can do, come talk to me." Earl said.

"Yo, you're lucky to even be in my lane."

"And now I question why I didn't just go home." Mila sighed, shaking her head. She lifted her phone up, texting her sister to see what was going on after her abrupt end call. As Mila looked up, the three guys were still arguing back and forth, but Mila knew the two men who were approaching. She stood up, walking over to them. "Tej, Roman?" Milena interrupted her boyfriend and their friends' argument. "What are you guys doing here?"

"Mila?" Roman lowered his sunglasses, seeing Milena standing there. "What are you-"

"I live here. And work here." Mila answered. "What are you two doing here?" Mila asked again.

"Did Ravi not tell you?"

"I haven't spoken to Raven since about three days ago when I heard Ramsey call her name." Mila crossed her arms. "Seriously, what are you guys doing here? Did Raven send you to check on me?" Milena asked.

"Mila, who are these guys?" Twinkie asked.

"That's Tej, and that's Roman. They're friends of my sister, friends of Han's." Mila said.

"Twinkie?" Roman questioned. "So you must be Ding Dong and Snoball." Roman said.

"Yo, I... I don't go by that name anymore."

Mila scoffed.

"You went by that name ever?" Twinkie stammered out his answer, unable to actually answer that question honestly. "Like ever?" Before Milena could answer, the computer confirmed to them that the modding was finished and ready for a test run.

Twinkie ran off while Sean got the car ready. Milena walked over to Tej and Roman. "Just watch."

"Y'all seen ten-second cars?" Sean grinned. "Well, say hello to the two-second car." Mila sighed heavily - even though she graduated school and got this job with the other three, some days, her boyfriend was such a child. She loved him dearly, but... yeah.

"Is that a Pontiac Fiero strapped to a rocket engine?" Tej asked.

"Impressive, I know."

Mila leaned towards Tej. "Welcome to my job description." Mila commented. Tej and Roman looked back at the car.

"Eyes up! Here it comes! Let the race begin!" Twinkie said, letting them know that the test was beginning for another car. Milena walked away from the garage to where she normally stood to watch and take notes. Sean controlled the car with the remote controls on the panel in front of him. Twinkie told them when the plane was taking off, telling Sean to go ahead.

Mila ran forward when the car actually made it to the end of the line. She was bouncing up and down, a grin on her face. "Oh my God!" Mila couldn't believe her eyes - the last few tests they did were failures, and most of the time, the car blew up.