forty-three

Milena was sitting in front of her computer, going over plans for the newest car she was building. As she was going over specs, Sean placed his laptop in front of her face. "Sean, what's the matter-" Sean pressed play on the news video.

"Breaking news from Italy: The capital Rome has been hit by a massive explosion." Mila took the laptop, watching the video that was talking about the explosion in Rome. Milena didn't know why Sean was showing her this video, not until she got to the part about the "terrorists". "Authorities have identified the terrorists as these six individuals." Mila paused the video, looking at the images of the team.

She turned her head to look at Sean. Milena grabbed her phone, dialing Ravenna's number.

It had to be a mistake. However, every call didn't go through. Ravenna had turned her phone off or destroyed it so no one could locate them. Mila started to shake. "Oh my God!"

"I'm calling Mia." Sean said.

"Call Elle!"

JJ sat on the couch, legs against her chest while holding Kookie. She was pouting and not interested in playing the video game with Mia and B. Unlike Tía Mia, B was good at the video game. He was able to beat her several times since she came to watch them for Dom and Letty.

JJ was more worried about her parents.

"Are you cheating on your favorite aunt?" Mia asked.

"It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile." Little B said. "Winning's winning."

"Where have I heard that one before?" Mia asked, hugging her nephew. Mia frowned when something broke through the window. "Go! Go!" Mia shouted to the kids.

JJ jumped up from the couch, running away with B and Mia. She looked back when she heard the door break open. JJ covered her ears when more glass broke as they ran into the kitchen. B grabbed Jiya, pulling her close to him as Mia grabbed a frying pan that was sitting on the stove. She tossed straight at the agent's head.

"No!" Little B shouted. "Mia! Let her go!"

"Mia!" JJ cried. She held onto the door frame of the kitchen, watching Mia kick the agent in the face, only to get smacked in the face. She landed on the table, looking at the kids.

"Run!"

Little B grabbed JJ's hand, pulling her to the stairs. JJ placed a hand over her mouth when they saw more agents entering the house. JJ followed her cousin to the hiding place in the bathroom. JJ was shaking as she hid with Brian. Neither of them knew what was happening downstairs, but they could hear the screams and shouts from the agents. JJ and B held hands, panting and whimpering softly.

JJ buried her head into Kookie's face when the doorknob started to rattle.

"What's up?" JJ lifted her head up.

"Uncle Jakob?"

"Tío Jakob?"

"Your dad sent me." JJ looked at Jakob. "And mamá." JJ sighed with relief only to jump at the sound of bullets ricocheting off the doorframe of the bathroom. "Changes of plans." Jakob closed the door behind him, leaving the kids in the bathroom. JJ lowered her head, covering her ears.

JJ finched and jumped at the sounds of gunfire. B had to put his hand over her mouth to keep her from screaming when a couple of bullets went through the wall where they were hiding. B listened, hearing grunts and things crashing to the ground. He slowly got up from where they were hiding. JJ grabbed his arm. "Don't!"