forty

"JJ!" Ravenna called out as she walked towards the four children. JJ lifted her head up while pouring sand into the pail.

A big grin appeared on her face. "Mamá!" JJ dropped the shovel, running straight for Ravenna. Raven picked up JJ with ease, raising her up into the air. JJ laughed, kicking out her legs. Ravenna then spun them around, gaining giggles from Jiya. As soon as JJ was settled on Ravenna's hip, she kissed her mother's cheek.

Ravenna laughed. "Did you have fun with Uncle Brian?"

"Yeah! We got ice cream and played with sand and watched cartoons 'til late!" JJ rattled off.

Ravenna smiled softly. "JJ,"

"Yes, mamá?"

"Do you want a surprise?"

JJ's eyes widened and twinkled. "A surprise!" She wiggled in Ravenna's grasp. Ravenna set Jiya's feet back into the sand. Brian was now standing up, seeing Han standing with Mia and Dom.

"Look towards the stairs,"

"Kay!"

"Who do you see, JJ?"

JJ was still grinning, waiting patiently for her surprise. "Tía Mia and Tío Dom." JJ blinked a few times, tilting her head in confusion. "Mamá, who's that?" JJ pointed to Han.

"That's your surprise." JJ didn't understand. Her arms crossed against her chest, beginning to pout. "Oh, don't give me that look, Jiya. Do you know who that is?" JJ looked back at Han, confused why she kinda recognized him. "Do you remember when I told you about daddy? About daddy being away?" JJ nodded slowly. Ravenna looked over at Han, "Daddy's home."

Jiya looked between Ravenna and Han, putting two-and-two together. "Really?"

Raven nodded, trying not to let the tears fall. "He's finally home." All those times that Ravenna couldn't tell Jiya the truth, it wasn't the truth at all. Han was very much alive, wishing he could be home with his family.

JJ looked straight at Han before running straight for him. Han picked her up quickly, hugging her like he did Ravenna. JJ wrapped her arms around his neck, giggling and shouting "Daddy! Daddy!" Ravenna had a hard time not crying at the sight. She allowed the tears to roll down her cheeks.

"Raven," Brian approached. "How much did I miss?"

Ravenna laughed as she hugged Brian. "Ask Mr. Nobody."

"Oh, of course." Brian rolled his eyes. "Kids, come on! Let's go!"

"Aww, but daddy!" Olivia whined.

"Come on, baby."

Ravenna walked over to Han and JJ. Jiya refused to let go of Han, not that Han was going to let go of JJ anytime soon. He missed four years of being a dad to her, he was gonna pick her up every chance he got.

"Hey man,"

"Hey Brian." Han smiled.

Ravenna rubbed JJ's back gently. "Are you happy, baby?" She asked softly. JJ giggled, nodding against Han's shoulder.

"Jiya!" Han called out, leaning against the fence around their new home. JJ looked up from what she was doing. "Let's go, kid. The others are waiting for us." Han said.

JJ grinned. "Okay, daddy!" Han was still having a hard time believing he was home. It was unbelievable he finally got to be the father he always wanted to be. JJ had been so easy going since Han came home, almost like she was waiting for him to return, just as much as Ravenna was. It was a little bit of an adjustment for her though, remembering that it wasn't just her and Raven anymore.