twenty-nine

If you told past-Ravenna she'd be living in California with Roman Pearce, she would have probably passed out from the news. But Ravenna was doing just that, living with Roman in a very nice apartment in Los Angeles, raising JJ with his help, and the help of the rest of the family.

Ravenna looked at her phone, seeing the date. It was exactly two years since she moved to California and started living with Roman. She could have afforded her own place, hell, she could afford to buy her own house in California with the millions she hadn't touched, but Roman told her to save it for JJ. She was keeping to her word at the moment, spending her time and money on JJ more than herself.

Except for the brand new car.

And motorcycle.

Ravenna had her feet kicked up on the couch, her legs were being used as a road for JJ's toy cars. The bucket was pulled up to the coffee table while Roman sat on the floor creating the biggest race track for the cars. Ravenna was busy texting back and forth with Mia, going over travel plans for her and JJ to go to the DR for two months for an overdue visit.

Raven lowered the phone as JJ began to make little "zoom, zoom" sounds across mother's legs. "Who drives that car, JJ?"

"Tío Dom!" JJ held up the bright blue car. Roman looked up, starting to laugh his ass off at the type of car. Ravenna's eyes widened, not expecting JJ to say that Dom would drive a Skyline. Ravenna held up her phone, bringing up the camera. She asked JJ to say that again - she wanted to send that to everyone and she wanted to see Dom's reaction to hearing his baby cousin thinking he drove Skylines.

JJ turned her head around, seeing Roman had knocked over some of the track. "Wome!" She pouted, falling straight onto her butt. She crossed her arms. "You break it." JJ whimpered.

Ravenna pushed the others cars off her legs, moving them off the couch as she attached the video into the group chat the team had. As soon as she hit send, a very familiar caller ID appeared. Ravenna smirked - now, she doubted Dom was calling about the video, he wasn't that quick to read his text messages. It was always Letty who was answering for the two of them.

Roman had to gather JJ into his arms before she started crying over the broken track. "Speak of the devil himself," Raven turned the phone to Roman to show him.

"You seriously have Dom down as Favorite Cousin - I'm tellin' Mia the next time I see her." Roman smirked.

"Hi Dom." Ravenna said as she answered the call. She got up from the couch, stepping over the race track. JJ watched her mother in passing. "We were just talkin' about you."

"We're needed in Berlin."

Raven paused. Now, normally there was a "Hi Raven," or a simple hello before getting down to business. Again, Ravenna usually called Letty to talk to Dom, mainly because he refused to answer the phone half the time. "What's in Berlin?"

"Hobbs needs us."

Now, Ravenna knew not to ask too many questions too early. Hobbs had his way of contacting the team, it was through Dom. But right now, Ravenna knew something was off. Ravenna turned back to Roman, "Hey, Rome, we're needed in Berlin. Pack a bag." Ravenna had to stop herself from laughing as Roman picked up JJ, swinging her over his shoulder. "Rome!"

"What?"

Ravenna rolled her eyes playfully, shaking her head. As soon as Roman walked off to his bedroom with a giggling JJ, Raven walked over to the balcony. She opened the door, letting the LA heat into the chilled apartment. She walked onto the balcony, looking over the city. "Dom, what's that matter?" Ravenna asked. "You aren't usually this short with me."